Released TrackMap 0.94beta for rFactor2.

Discussion in 'Other' started by fazerbox, Apr 21, 2013.

1. aleph99

aleph99 Registered

Thank you, Narrowbackwing, but my trackmapconf is untouched and its contect is exactly the same as yours. In fact, I made a brand new installation of rF2 and simply placed TrackMap (v0.94b) on top of it, but I still can't get to the menu, although everything else is working fine. When I type CTRL+SPACE, all the boxes with their respective functions appear on screen. When I repeat that, they disappear. That's all. In the config file, what would be the line that defines the key combination to open the menu?

2. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

From memory CTRL+SPACE works as you describe ( all HUD on screen press again all HUD invisible ) and I think Alt+space allows you to enable and disable what you wish to show .

Maybe you need to download and do a fresh reinstall - track map - see if that fixes it .

3. aleph99

aleph99 Registered

I got it! It's quite stupid, really: I had read somewhere that I should use CTRL+SPACE to open the menu, but, as you pointed you, CTRL+SPACE simply enables/disables the HUD, whereas to open the menu I must use ALT+SPACE. Thank you, Narrowbackwing!

4. madmacfr40

madmacfr40 Registered

Hi Fazerbox that you think will happen with this program, you stopped working on it?
    Can we hoped a 64bit version or we should forget this great progamme. it is difficult to go from 32 to 64bit?
    thank you for your answer

is that someone found an alternative

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I really hope to hear some news on this soon.

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

His last post was only a couple of weeks ago, sheesh fellas, some patience.

7. vict0r

vict0r Registered

Still no news?

8. McLeo

McLeo Registered

9. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Registered

The plugin doesn't work for me anymore with build 798. I am running the 32bit exe but still no luck.
    I guess it has something to do with the new folder structure.

Is there a way to make it work again with b798? This is a very important plugin ;(

10. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Havent tried it so far, but the 32 bit plugins have to be located in the bin32 folder as far as I know.

11. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Registered

That is where I put it, but it did not work

12. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Mhh, I will update later today hopefully it will work for me.
    A shame all plugins I use support 64 bit except track map.

13. Dream

Dream Registered

Same problem((( other plugins still works in 32 bit(

14. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

I've attempted to contact/follow this guy for more than a year now. The GID for rF1 has some fixes I'm waiting on to re-enable the screen-flicker choices as well. As much as I enjoy and appreciate the work he put into this, it seems he is no longer focused on this or sims in general. I have gone as far as contacting him to see if I could get his code to continue development, or even put him in touch with someone that would monetarily supplement the exchange of code, but have never received a response. Nogripracing.com is where he primarily hosts these files now (both rF1 and rF2).

Unfortunately, unless we hear something soon, I'd consider this plugin..."dead".

15. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

A real shame he did a really good job here. I dont use a lot of the functions. I mainly care about top speed of the other cars and the full caclulator is brilliant as I often run time based races.

For most plugins the switch to 64Bit seemed relaitvely easy, but with no code available its impossible.

I wouldnt even bother to donate so we can get a 64Bit version. I guess at least 50% use this plugin as it was already a must have in rF1.

16. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Damn this is a shame, I thought it was just taking longer to convert asit is a big plugin.

If someone can get the code of the guy who made it, I can convert it to 64 bits.

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  18. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Registered

For me, the most important thing would be to get it working again at all, may it just be in 32bit mode.
    I can't believe there are no alternative plugins for this yet.

The detailed screen with the tirewear and temps + the fuel-use calculator + standings-screen + the sector-times... all at the same time is just irreplacable by the crappy standart-hud's where you can't even display more then one hud at the same time...

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It is the most important plug-in in rF2 imo and I miss it so much!
    Especially the fuel calculator...

I really hope someone finds a solution.

20. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

I didnt use it for a very long time as I had issues in one build with it and recently got back using it. I shouldnt have done it:(
    Once you are used to it its hard to get rid off. At least I have a dash, which shows me tyre wear and last sector split, but its not enough to replace it at the moment...