Is this the correct way to.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andy_RF2, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Andy_RF2

Andy_RF2 Registered

Install RF2 (All ISI Current content only), with everything up to date?

I have downloaded and installed the "Sampler" @ 1.05GB which contains only a few of the cars and tracks. That's all I have done so far.

Do I now download only the updated track(s)? (I think LRP is one) and just install all the other tracks and mods from older versions including their updates?

I am just trying to avoid re-downloading items I already have. Bandwidth isn't an issue at all :) I'm just trying to avoid the time to accidentally duplicate stuff I already have. It was simple before. Download latest full installer and away to go. Now things have changed slightly I'm not sure if I will have everything nice and neat and up to date.

Thanks for any help with this,

Andy_RF2 :)

2. Andy_RF2

Andy_RF2 Registered

Ah, I just noticed in the install folder that LRP is included with Malyasia, corvette, clio and Marussia. What threw me was that Brianza is also available for download but it's version 1.0 and I already have version 1.0 from a long time ago? Anyway, confusion over as I think I got it now :) All the other mods like 60's, Nissans etc haven't been updated/changed so I can just go ahead and install/update them from the one's sitting on my hard drive. Hope I got that right anyway and sorry for any confusion with this post lol ;)

Andy_RF2

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Sampler includes the latest versions of what it contains. You only need what isn't in it (unless you uninstall them, then you would need to grab them to be able to reinstall them).

4. VLA

VLA Registered

soryy for this noob question, but have installed the sampler install, build 198 and registers well that it is there, however have also Downloaded other tracks and cars.

My situation is they have download as a .rfcmp file as such can not read them in the update, what needs to be done here, please.

5. 88mphTim

Run launcher, manage mods at bottom right, then if the rfcmp files are in the right place you just install them using the mod manager. See the FAQ for this stuff :)

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

6. bassweight

bassweight Registered

Only thing that gets me is like.. Corvette 1.41 isn't included in the Lite installer/standalone package. So people that download the Sampler are 'told' they have the latest Corvette update - which is technically correct; however, most online hosts still run the standalone 1.01 Package. Confused me slightly. I wasn't even aware the Corvette was updated prior to reading it on page xx of a post here awhile ago.

Keep in mind, I have installed the older Corvette standalone package to enable online play with it, and, I'm not upset or trying to pick anything apart - just found it a little confusing/odd is all.

7. MJP

MJP Registered

You can have both the old and new versions of the Corvette installed at the same time.

As you say some servers still run old content so if you want to join them then you still need to have that old content installed. They seem quick enough to update to latest build of the game but are slower on updating the actual content.

Used to see this alot in rF1 too, usually it was older version tracks rather than mods though.

8. 88mphTim

Well maybe those hosts should use the newest version? That's the only issue. And yes, you and possibly those hosts were not aware of an update to the Corvette, because we made a mistake and didn't post it when we should have.