GT Pre-qual event for the 6 Hour Race Sign-up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

When your done driving you simply hit ESC (after the new driver leaves the box) then hit passenger select to leave the car. Then just close the game like normal. If you are going to do another stint later then leave +spectate on the cmd line. If you want to switch back to a driver state then change it to -spectate.

2. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

The problem of red traffic light exiting the pits we have experienced on several rFactor2 competitions. The first time we take the blame for us not set well. But it has happened more times being set correctly. This Sunday we had to cancel the last round of the championship of SpeedinLive 4x4 Formulas for this reason. We are surprised. None of those races was driver change resistance. We do not know what could be the problem. But we are looking forward.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

So why did I get the red light? Because the other player hit ESC before I left the pits?

Hmm... not quite sure when you need -spectate other than if you are the first to drive in a race where you swap drivers?

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

+spectate toggles spectator mode and leaves it that way. Even if you remove +spectate it will stay in spectator mode. It isn't until you add -spectate that it comes out of spectator mode.

The red light thing sounds like a bug that is unrelated to swaps. Although it is interesting that your codriver said it was green on his end.

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Ugh one more thing to test. I'll be contacting you about testing on Sunday night Noel. Monday and Tuesday work for me too.

6. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

So now every time that I drive other than driver swap races I have to remember to add -spectate? (of course one time until I add +spectate again?)

The track was Bahrain 0.8, in case it was a track related bug.

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Fixed the typo in the time of the event. thank you TIG for finding that

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

np, though 20.00 GMT would have been better for me :s

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Correct. Before I knew about the +spectate cmd line option I wrote a program that toggles spectator mode in the Multiplayer.ini. It is a little easier to change modes with my tool. If you want to use it you can download it here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jao35cn2twyz6rd/SpectatorToggle.exe

Just drop that in your rFactor root (Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2) and then run it. When you run it you can then change between Spectator and Driver and it will stay in that mode until you run my tool again and switch it back. It takes less steps than going into the launcher, advanced, multiplayer, change the option, save.

11. guod

guod Registered

I think the problem with loading custom skins is now resolved. Please try it and report back here if still a problem.

Also, everyone please test your driver swaps prior to 5 May.

Thanks.

12. guod

guod Registered

Re: Driver swaps. We can't assume the driver swapping is anything other than rF1 driver swapping code at this point. Unless I've missed it somewhere, ISI has never said the coding in Build 198 is rF2 anything. It may have some tweaks / reworked code or it may be rF1 driver swap code in a new suit (rF2 Build 198). I think this is really important to keep in mind that until ISI makes an official statement that the code is rF2 code and announces its progress, we should not take the Build 198 driver swapping capability as indicative of what rF2 driver swapping code will be in the future. If it works okay, cool. If it doesn't, its a WIP. ;)

13. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

We have performed further tests and we have not had have problems. We have adopted the caution announced for the first pilot.

We skin works correctly everyone except the first pilot when he rejoins the race. The rest setup, etc. work properly.

Follow failing mark the location of the box of the team, there is no choice to memorize.

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

15. Weasy

Weasy Registered

Ran some practice laps on the server yesterday and had three other drivers in with custom skins. All loaded fine for me within about 15 seconds.

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It is, indeed. The build note was the notation of the rF1 code being reintroduced and reconnected with the rF2 code. I am expecting an easier UI based and bug tested version of driver swaps when it's re-done with rF2 in-mind. There could be something unexpected as it is, but we're perfectly happy for you to make use of it in the meantime.

17. paarma

paarma Registered

Driver swapping is one of the unique and important features of rFactor so I really wish it be implemented in UI level as soon as possible.

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Tonight Noel and I are going to thoroughly test the driver swapping in rF2. We'll post the results and everything in that other swapping thread I started. Even if it is the old code, there's a lot of new stuff to rF2 and we'll test this out to see if we find any particular problems or work-arounds for existing, known problems

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I haven't got much experience with it myself, so feel free to post as much info, and 'wanted' lists regarding this subject and I'll pass it all on.

20. TunaWiz

TunaWiz Registered

Please add TunaWiz / Voltaic to the list. :)