GT Pre-qual event for the 6 Hour Race Sign-up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I can't speak much for rF2. I have only performed one swap so far. My experience so far is with rF1.

2. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

Our problems now in rFactor 2 are the same that we suffer in rFactor1.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

4. lachgummi

lachgummi Registered

skin sharing doesn´t work for me on server. Have anybody the same problem? it is possible to fix it, because my co-driver an myself want to drive with our team skin.

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Doug and I had it working last week, so it might be on your end.

6. TunaWiz

TunaWiz Registered

On a somewhat related note, I wonder.... could custom skins/skin sharing be what's causing problems for those that are having trouble with driver swaps?

My partner and I had no issues with driver swaps yesterday (we did about 15 swaps), but we were using a default skin.

Just a thought. :)

7. guod

guod Registered

Well horsehair. It was working and now the skin upload isn't working. I'll get the spanner and duct tape out tomorrow and see if I can figure out what went sour.

I don't *think* it has anything to do with drivers swaps, but lets see.

In the meantime, the server itself is running fine so please carry on with practice.

8. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

New evidence, and the same problem. Today we plan to make a severe test to make a good tutorial in Spanish, or at least be able to report incidents of failure to ISI, to make them aware of the problems.

Statistically still have little data. You have to try more things. But my feeling is that problems occur when the pilot who has driven the car initially as chief pilot, returns to take the seat. Tonight will try to see if the fault recurs also causing that driver completely out of the game and re-enter, now as a spectator. We fear that while leaving the steering wheel when the viewer considers game, can be the seed of which is the main driver for the program that fails. Hopefully it's just that, as well the ISI itself could solve the problem, or else it would be a highlight in the tutorials to prevent failure.

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I suspect ISI doesn't have anything to add because I suspect they are watching this thread like everyone else because I suspect WE are breaking new ground! So this one is for us to figure out provide the feedback so that in future builds this will work smoothly.

We need a test with controls for skins. I have a feeling that's causing some issues. Just a hunch I have no proof. We need a team to do a swap with the same stock skin and see if these bugs happen. Then a team to do a swap with the same custom skins, then a swap with diff stock skins then diff custom skins. I'm curious what're find. I'm also curious if the server disables skin sharing if that cures some of these issues?

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Guy, I like your thinking. We need to do lots of controlled testing and take notes so we don't forget all the combinations we have tried. Hopefully we can narrow the bugs down and get it reported to ISI.

As for the pitbox problem. I am curious if this is track specific and if the same problem pops up when doing a second pit stop even without doing a swap. I need to get off my but and do some testing.

11. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

Test results entirely satisfactory. We are very happy because we think we've found the problem. With the following caution has never failed us the game.

We realized that the problem was always the chief pilot had if I ever want to take control of the car. The main game when the pilot leaves the wheel for the first time seems to stop as a spectator, but really the main driver has not entered the game as a pilot. The solution to the problem to allow re-take control of the car without problems is completely out of the game and re-enter as a spectator. From that moment, as the other riders spectators, no problem driver changes.

Adopted this precaution never failed us the driver change, regardless of the setting for the pilot who takes control, both graphical setup, as selected when entering car. Everything works with the original car, and only has control pilot can make changes.

In any case advice ... Top all with the same setup, car, skin, etc..

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Sorry JMCardenas,

I have hard time understanding all that you say. Could somebody help you to translate your posts here because I believe you have important info and now I'm missing some of it :s

But keep up the good work!

13. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

My apologies. My English is not good writing, and I trust the translator work for Google.

Yes, it's very important conclusion we reached after testing. Gone our driver change problems with a simple precaution. We will continue to test, but so far we have not have taken that precaution fault. If we do not adopt this measure program bugs repeated again, giving us confidence that possibly be that the real problem.

We are developing a tutorial, we'll finish it as public. Advancement a beta that should be reviewed confirmed these findings. Important final paragraphs fluorescent yellow.

JM Tutorial Change Pilot - (beta en español) http://www.speedinlive.com/descargas//rf2/Tutorial%20Cambio%20Piloto%200.doc

14. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

Forgiveness by using Google automatic translator.

Given the satisfactory results of the tests performed, we focus on developing a manual to complete driver change, in Spanish. We would appreciate any help to make a correct translation.

If everything is as it seems, the problem only occurs when the pilot starts the competition tries to retake control of the car later. This pilot did not come as a spectator, he did as chief pilot, and that's what makes the failure occurs. The game only allows drivers to change runners who joined as spectators. The solution is simple, the driver has to get out of the game completely and re-enter as a spectator. From that moment has no trouble controlling the car again.

With this precaution, the game will not fail us again when we made successive driver changes.

The rest of cautions and recommendations have not affected the outcome, provided you take the precaution we recommend. We hope to have more conclusions, and even recommendations for the Tutorial.

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Thanks, JM. Lem and I noticed the same thing. Easy fix- but the pit box outline disappearing will be a problem in the 6 hour race. We are going to have to memorize the exact location of our box and there's no pit crew to wave us down either. When you first pit, the box is there, but after you switch, the 2nd driver has none. Then when the 1st driver logs out then back in to the game, he no longer has a red box outline.

16. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

This problem also we have suffered in the test. But we focus on that caused the global error, because it means the end of the race. The solution in this case is memorize is the location where the refueling, at least in Pozman not difficult. It is advisable to go slowly through the zone box, so that the system automatically detects that you pass over. If it goes fast refueling is not activated automatically.

In our tests, the problem you are reporting does not occur in the first change. Graphic failure occurs in subsequent refueling randomly, sometimes happens, sometimes not. Investigate the issue, we feel that the problem should be similar to that we have to solve.

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

In the 6 hour race we will have to enable autopit and use that. I hate autopit but if someone's race ends because they can't find their box that'd be a Damn shame. So that will be another thing to test- autopitting and driver swaps.

ISI are you guys taking notes? :D

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I had a quick driver swap testing session with my teammate Mauserrifle and we encountered a problem (not sure if it was a bug):

We started off with Mauser driving and me joining with +spectate. First swap was ok. I took control and after that Mauser joined as + spectate and took control again. Then I joined again still as +spectate and took control. Now when I tried to leave the pits there was red light. Mauser said that he saw the light was green but for me it was definently red. There was still 15 mins of a race left so I tried to hit the track dispite the red light and I was DQ. Weird.

Also, after the driver who drives first has left the server and joined again as spectator, both have +spectate status now... what is the need to leave a server every time you hand over the control to your teammate?

19. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi
    Added
    Philou/PhOeNIX/Luc Devin "Lucky06"

Team French

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
  20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Guy, have you noticed that you have announced that qualification will start 20.00 GMT (15mins) and race will start 20.05 GMT. This can't be right?