[WIP] Live Timing, Session Results, Track Rendering & League Management [Discontinued]

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Apr 16, 2013.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Aha! OK, so I read the mlt files, get all the component signatures and then go to rF2 folder and check if an mlt file with these signatures exist.....

Holy crap :)

ISI should implement something ideally, a file with installed sigs where we can search into.......

Thanks!!!

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You can rip through the MFTs really fast though. The problem I have is there is no quick way to get the sig of an rfcmp file that isn't installed. We are forced to install it in a temp folder and then read the mft and then delete it when we are done. But this process is slow as crap. I wish we could get a DLL for working with MAS, rfcmp and rfmod files.

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yep, thats what Im going to do. Build a dictionary with sigs and then check against the downloaded sigs...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Just a little update about live timing:

So, in the last months, the Live Timing app has been tested with VEC league where 40 drivers participate and unfortunately the application starts to use lots of RAM and we end up closing it.

The good news is that I have identified the issue and the problem is when the listener streams data to the web through web sockets. For some reason, there are memory leaks with the 3rd party API I am using. I have no control on that...

So for this reason, I have not released the next version yet. I am going to re-write the whole streaming to web thing using another latest technology (still through sockets) which is know to be very robust. This will unfortunately take me lots of time but I prefer to have something robust and working then with issues.

Thanks for understanding!

Cheers

5. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Great news and thank you for having an eye on performance :)

6. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Getting an error when using the provided scripts to create the database and tables on an MS SQL Server 2014. Seems that the syntax is different and MS SQL does not understand the if condition - did anyone make the script work with MS SQL 2014?

View attachment 16117

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

That will never work mate :) MS SQL 2014 is from Microsoft and mySQL from Oracle......two different products.

You need to install mySQL http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/

if I were you, I'd hold off the installation for now as there will be many changes in next version and Im rewriting all the streaming part...

8. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Live Timing, Session Results, Track Rendering & League Management

That's the issue with different companies doing a different implementation of an Standard Query language (SQL) and than the standard becomes propriatary [emoji16]

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yeah there all proprietary really. MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle and Sybase (Even Sybase SQL Anywhere is different from their other servers). They all have different syntax. Their are things I've done in SQL Anywhere that are impossible without a total rewrite in other servers. So they are all guilty of putting their own spin on things.

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I personally prefer MS SQL as I find it more robust but mySQL is more available on servers and its free...

Anyway....some news on the Live Timing updates....looking good! So basically, I'm going hardcore on this and use one of the best streaming web socket technologies out there which can handle thousands of connections.

Apart from that, I am also making huge changes how everything works so that there is no load on the game server.

Listener on Game Server with rF2 listens to rF2 Plugin ---->Listener sends data to web Server through 1 socket ----> web server streams all the data to all connected users to live timing app

That means that Game Server will now only have 1 extra connection and not to all web users. This put only minimal load on Game server. The web server will do all the work including the database. Having said that, the IIS server, mysql database and the streaming module (the new stuff) can be on any server, including the same game server if you want. Its its gonna be kinda very flexible.

The downside: the setup will be more complex now but I will try to make it easy as possible. I'm not going to settle for a clumsy/slow/not robust live timing so unfortunately to be flexible and robust it would need more setup effort.

In fact, testing on VEC environment has stopped as we do not have full control to open ports and setup modules as we wish without waiting for some admin to help us. So I'll be looking for a server/s to test this new environment and package all the new stuff.

Cheers

11. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

As always you have ours to test away! :)

Sent from my Nexus 6

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Great stuff mate! Will start tonight ;) Thanks!

13. Nostra

Nostra Registered

Hello Stefan. Since the new buid of rFactor 2 the livetiming doesn't works right. The livetiming changing erverytime between our two servers. I hope you can help me.
    Here is a link: http://liveviewer.p1-gaming.de

14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yeah, it's been reported to me already. Unfortunately I'm without pc as hard disk crashed and didn't try last build yet but apparently I need to update the plugin for multiple installs.

Sry but I'm not sure when I'll have a fix ready.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

15. Nostra

Nostra Registered

Oh hard disk.... f***... Ok i hope you can save the files.
    Thx Markus

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

All data is backed up ;-) its the SSD where windows is installed. ..grrrr

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

17. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

18. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks GT_ONE, but this is a different issue. Basically now the same plugin streams all data from multiple instances and I need to do some big changes to fix this..

19. Nostra

Nostra Registered

@GT_ONE i have in multiplayer "Pause While Zero Players":true,

in Build 910 and 930 is it ok and running fantastic. with the new build doesn't works right.

20. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi Nostra, your version is quite old too...since then I have completely changed the technologies used and did a rewrite of many things to make it 100% robust and fast. I was about to finalise the new version which looks very promising but my pc crashed a week ago and now this multi instance plugin issue......heh.......