Mod - Track Installing

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by PvtStash, Apr 13, 2013.

1. PvtStash

PvtStash Registered

Hi everybodies :) Please forgive the noob questions, I was wondering if people here could explain what I am doing wrong. Still relatively new to rf2 but long experience with rf1 and the new mod/track installing and managing thing has me confused. Recently installed updated versions of Limerock and Malaysia and the 2010 Clios' however only the updated Limerock is visible in game. I still see the original Clio 1.0 mod and version 1.2 of Malaysia but can't seem to find the rest. The manager says they are installed and all is good but I can not find them in game no matter what combination of all cars etc I select.

Probably missing something blindingly obvious and will look like a complete idiot once I find out why so feel free to poke fun, it won't bother me in the slightest. I enjoy a good joke even if it's at my expense. ;) Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and for any help people can offer and thanks to ISI for many years of great entertainment.

2. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

Ah, it's not so blindingly obvious as all that...

With a number of mods, or components, if they share a name that is dead similar with another, then it will tend to only show one in the "spinner" view, which is not as explicit about it as.... the list view!

Switch to list view (button in upper-right) for mods, tracks, and car selection--- and you should see all choices listed explicitly.

I didn't even realize I had both a .80 and the .86 versions of the Nords75 track until newer mods got me to switch to list view.

Also, do keep in mind that you should not need to sort out any of this for online racing--- if you join a server that requires HiddenTrack V 1.23, and not the V 1.08 or V 1.12 versions you have installed, the get-mod-and-join business will find the right one for you, as long as it does exist.

So for joining servers, you don't have to be able to find the components, you just have to have them... installed, of course.

Let us know if any are still missing from the List view--- they should not be.

3. PvtStash

PvtStash Registered

Thanks for the helpful and informative reply, appreciated. That all makes sense now, didn't even see that list view. Must be time to update the reading glasses perhaps... :D This is what makes the sim community so good to be a part of, people who are happy to help. Once again, many thanks to you and to the community as a whole. Without you all there wouldn't be as much fun as there is.