guide for converting cars form rfactor 1

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by loft1, Apr 12, 2013.

1. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

Can you give a quick step by step guide how to set up a single .gmt file in 3ds max then how to export it using GMT Converter? I tried with a steering wheel but it didnt show up. First I imported it with GMT Importer then set mesh path in "GMT Output" then set "instance" and "do mesh". Result was .gmt file half the size of the original that doesnt show up in game. I must have missed something.

View attachment 7680

View attachment 7681

2. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

there is no need to do everything in max. ofcourse its better to learn to do it that way. Anyway, the only essential thing u must do in max is the carbody (any gmt using carbody mat, ie chassis, bumpers, wing etc etc). and the how exactly to set mats and export is step by step in the ISI pdf

3. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

I have followed the instructions in pdf's. Vehicle gmt objects do not convert in 3dsmax. I can convert track objects no problem. Just not vehicle ones. With 3dsimed i can do both. Example: Track gmt objects (file size) after gmt conversion are the same in 3dsimed and 3dsmax. With vehicle ones the gmt file size after conversion is much larger from 3dsimed than from 3dsmax. Why is this?

The result is that the gmt object (eg. car_body) from 3dsmax does not show up in the game.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
  4. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

before exporting from max, resize the gmt to 3940 (may differ for your car, dunno. all BES cars im doing righ now needed to resize 3940)

5. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

How do you resize the gmt?

6. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

Edit: Correction, the track gmt don't show up in game either after conversion in 3dsmax.

7. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

track gmt? we re talking bout cars here, not tracks

8. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

Sorry I got side tracked. The problem I am having is trying to get the car_body to show up in the game after I convert the gmt file from 3dsmax to rF2 using GMT Converter. I have the right settings in the "instance" box according to ISI pdf. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Anyone ever had this problem?

I thought a saw it flickering through on some sections of the track but mostly nothing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  9. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

After many try&errors, more simple way to convert rf1 to rF2. You will need 3dsmax 2010, a script for importing rf1 gmts, and the usual rf1 tools and rf2 tools (for the max plugins). Before anything else, configure max to work in metric units, and there is no need to resize anythin anymore :) After that, put rf1 plugins, script and import. save as max, switch plugins to rf2, work the car, export. works like a charm :)

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Any updated help since gJED has been released? :)

11. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

I guess everyone (including myself) are still in the learning (try/error) phase in gJED.