Cannot see Mods / Cannot Host

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by VENOMIZED_199, Apr 9, 2013.

1. VENOMIZED_199

VENOMIZED_199 Registered

For the last two weeks I have been trying to Install Mods that exist in my packages folder but not in Mod Manager. I have Components but no Mods. I have removed the game, searched the registry and nothing. I even re-activated my account and still nothing.

So with that said I cannot host anything because none of my Mods show up to Install. Has anyone else came across this because it is actually driving me nuts now. This is the second time I am posting this message.

VENOMIZED_199

2. JGraf

JGraf Registered

start the launcher, manage mods.
    in the lower right corner of the mod manager, set the "Packages Dir" path to point into your packages folder location.
    then refresh the manager.

3. VENOMIZED_199

VENOMIZED_199 Registered

I have done this already, nothing is working. I have Installed, re-installed, removed from the Registry etc. Thanks for the input though.

Bill...

4. Bee

Bee Former ISI Staff

" I have Components but no Mods."
    This is usually because you have [x] Components checked in the Viewing: options in the top left corner of the mod manager instead of having [x] Mods checked. Uncheck the Components box and check the Mods box.

To ensure the game uses the current installation packages path, click [Use Default Paths] in the top right, click [Refresh].

Another reason is not actually having the mods downloaded... meaning, either an error occurred and the file is corrupt, the files were not copied to the actual packages folder, or the user downloaded a component thinking it was a mod.

Look in your packages folder and make sure the mod file has the proper extension ".rfmod". You'll need to make sure you have "Hide extensions for known file types" disabled in your Windows folder options. Sometimes people copy the downloaded mod files into their packages folder before the file is even finished downloading and it has the extension ".part" instead of ".rfmod".