A few simple things that could improve overall experience/feeling of 60's content

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Hedlund_90, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I've had some entertaining races against the AI at monaco with the Brabhams today, and I was thinking of some 'simple' feautures that could improve atmosphere and feeling of really being there... And I know ISI are working on a update, but I have no idea what improvements they are planning? However:

- Exhaust soot/smoke. We all have seen Grand Prix movie, right? I see exhaust soot quite often, but for rF2 I would like to see some in the start especially. Drivers had quite dirty faces after the races.
    - More engine and other mechanical failures. And now I'm primarily thinking of AI because it would not be very nice to have engine failure when playing online.
    - Echo effects for Monaco. Nice when watching replays especially.
    - Dark tunnel Monaco. I think it was in the earlier builds (?), but it was very broken because it never looked good to me.
    - AI not crashing all the time at Monaco. There is always someone that crash into the light posts when climbing uphill for 2nd corner, bouncing between houses and other cars causing big disaster. Chikane is another good example, the haybales are flying all over the track when AI is crashing here :p

AI improvements are to many to list, so I'll say no more about it! But when they crash I don't want a safety car (especially not a Clio!). It's impossible to have flag rules activated because I have never completed a first lap at Monaco without a full course yellow.

That's all for me, for the moment. Maybe I'll add more improvements here later (and nobody will read it) :)

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I don't have to mention mirror fix and the missing Monaco building, do I? ;)

3. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I would love this because the racing truck mod I am working on!

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sv: A few simple things that could improve overall experience/feeling of 60's content

That sounds interesting :)

5. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Mechanical failures in online races would be fine!

Reward the careful drivers. It should be possible to win a race by being the driver who doesn't blow his engine up driving like an idiot, even if you're not the fastest guy out on track.

6. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Isn´t that what "Time Scaled" mechanical failures are for? You can set it in the dedicated server setup dialog.
    The problem with online races is, that they are most often too short to get you in trouble with abusing the material, because the lifetimes are sometimes set to days rather than a couple hours let alone minutes. Time scaling the mech. failures should take care of that.

Cheers,
    Marcus

7. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Yep, and it is set. We run a one hour timed race every week and have seen mechanical failures due to pushing too hard in rf1 caterhams, but nothing yet in the 60s formula cars. I am sure we will some time though.

8. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I blew an F3 car up at Top Gear - Dunsfold the other day and the ghost trainer car ended up being on fire constantly spewing flames and black soot/smoke even after I restarted and set faster laps. I have to delete that ghost .ttl because I can't see ahead well enough to pass it! However, I think that's a bug, not the features you guys were wishing for. :)

Come to think of it, I don't recall having to slow down, so it may have been just my ghost trainer that blew up. Like i said, a bug, so I'm not expecting it to make sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
  9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes, I wouldn't mind. I was thinking more of the mechanical failures that often troubled the cars back then, that the drivers did not cause but happened due to unreliable cars. But that is exactly what I would like to see in singleplayer... Drivers pull over with black smokey engine :)

Mechanical failures online due to misuse of the engine would be nice, when damage is set to 100%. Also, I'd like to see suspension and toe-in adjustments get affected when driving over the sidewalks to hard at Monaco.