Connection Lost

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Andrew F, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Andrew F

Andrew F Registered

hi all

Ok, so I have an i7 pc with really good spec. runs rfactor 2 brilliantly. my internet connection is ok and has always done the job - never really get disconnects with any games.

i race on a site called racedepartment and join some friendly races now and a again. we run a practise, a quali and a race.
    on the last 6 occasions, each time i've survived a 30 min practise, a 15 minute quali and a 5 minute warm up before disconnecting in the early stages of each race - 10 minutes max. why is this? surely it's not my internet as never have problems. the racedepartment server seems pretty solid as no one else disconnects. i've tried turning off firewall. as i say, i don't have problems with any other games.

can anyone make any suggestions. love the game but worried it might hinder my future playing :-(

2. Diablo

Diablo Registered

I´d say, check your router logs nonetheless. If for example you happen to race at the same time everytime, it might be a disonnect forced by your internet provider. Where I live, that happens after exactly 24 hours, so it´s always the same time of day.

Of course there are numerous other reason, but without additional info, like those log entries, it´s vitually impossible to narrow it down.

Cheers,
    Marcus

3. Andrew F

Andrew F Registered

thank you. how do i get the logs please?

4. Diablo

Diablo Registered

That´s a bit tricky to answer, because every router is different. You need to connect to the routers management interface and have a look around. Usually you can connect to that interface by connecting to your gateway address with your web browser, i.e. if your LAN connection is using 192.168.1.1 as gateway address, connect to 192.168.1.1 with the browser and you should be presented with a web interface.