G25 Wheel Shift Mode Selector

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by john gianni, Apr 8, 2013.

1. john gianni

john gianni Registered

Hi all,
    just wondering how you guys manage the different button/shifter configurations when going from ie Marussia to Clio or from Lola to Clio. We know that we have to use different shift techniques :

Marussia: paddles
    Clio/C6: Manual sequential
    Lola/Hstoric: Geared Manual

and we have to use the shift mode selection dial to change the way the G25 shifter behaves resulting in different button layout.
    Do u have different in game profiles you load every time u change the car or is there any automated feature/workaround to a more comfortable settings change.
    Thank you!

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I map Gear up, Gear down to paddles, I map gears to h-shifter, so I can use both Marussia and Lola/60s cars without changing anything.
    Changing to Clios seq, yes it is a hassle, remapping Gear up, Gear down at Gear 2 and 3 at h-shift and turning the shift mode.
    I doubt there are profiles for that, are they?

3. Diablo

Diablo Registered

I believe there are no profiles, at least not in the default ones that come with rFactor 2, but you can make your own skeleton or streamlined profile. Say, you just saved your profile which has the stick seq. shifter mapped, then you go to UserData\Controller\<saved name>.ini. Now you open that file in an editor and delete everything except:
    Code:
    [ Input ]
    Control - Shift Up="(1, 36)"
    Control - Shift Down="(1, 37)"
    This way you get a profile, which upon loading only changes your "shift up/down" mapping and leaves everything else as is, so you cannot accidently change a mapping between profiles. I tend to change key mappings, when I find a certain setting more convenient, but having different full blown profiles for differing shifter settings would also mean, I´d have to change those in every single profile, not so with the streamlined profiles.

Cheers,
    Marcus

4. john gianni

john gianni Registered

Thanks guys... useful info !