Basic Setup Option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bkircher, Apr 6, 2013.

1. bkircher

bkircher Registered

Hi there to all

Pretty new here and dont know if this has been discussed before or not, but one of the things that I liked the most about rf1 was the quick setup option, because personally I am not that knowledgeable when it comes to camber and toe and spring rate and the list goes on and on, so my question is this, is there a possibility that this will be brought back in the coming future for rf2???

I think its a neat little feature regardless on if u are expert or not.

While Im at it, it would also be really cool if you could re imput the section of the setup that tells u your estimated corner g load, acceleration, and est top speed.

Thanks guys

B

2. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Hi B,

Welcome :) For the moment such a feature is not available and I don't know if it will be in the near future. If it will be implemented it will probably be much later on in the development stage (that's my guess at least). Anyway, you can always try and find setups at the ISI forum thread over here or at RaceDepartment over here/. For the moment it is not that easy to navigate as all setups are not ordered by track or car.
    You can also try to get a setup online from fellow racers.

As for estimated performance, I agree that would be a useful feature. I think all the required data is available (drag coefficient, gear ratio's, power and torque curves and rolling resistance).

Some cars have pretty decent stock setups. Also there is quiet a big difference in the amount of customization parameters between the different vehicles. For example, Clio's have only a few while the Marussia has a lot. Clio's are fairly basic to adjust and you will notice less difference between setups.

3. bkircher

bkircher Registered

Do any developers care to comment on this??