Please freeze the feature list... for now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cracheur, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Bart S

Bart S Member

For myself I just want the bloomin basics fixed i.e mainly Triple screen support with multiview better optimized it hurts fps way too much and for those that paid for a years subscription to get the satisfaction of these basics they diserve. Its becoming far more evident that these things wont happen due to the feature implementations as a priority. However their yearly sub starts ticking soon. I am patient with other stuff

2. Yarach

Yarach Registered

I honestly don't care. As long as it gets finished. I won't even care if it could be another year. Because I know this sim will give me another 7 years of racing-packed fun.

3. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

And that's what you have now. Unless I'm mistaken I could have sworn I've used this game for organized races and they all went well. At least until I screwed up somewhere on the track. Now if you're confusing "professional usable simulator" with "racing game with eye-candy and extra gravy added" then that's still in development.

4. Bart S

Bart S Member

I can see that you havn't really followed what I'm asking for have you or not read my post properly. I havn't been pushing or demanding in any way, I have only suggested certain things be fixed from the point that peoples yearly sub begins as I believe these are items that in a way are a standard. If you pay you kind of expect these things. Now what you mention eye-candy extra gravy added, I didn't ask for any off that I just want fixes to broken things or things that arnt working properly that should be for an item people are paying for.
    Now you obviously dont play in triple screens so why post if you dont know what Im talking about and I still don't understand why people make it there business to speak for ISI.

5. osella

osella Registered

+1, I guess it's because they are ISI fanboys (first time I use the term, at least if I recall correctly) and since ISI itself doesn't feel the need to defend themselves, they are doing it for ISI..

6. Bart S

Bart S Member

I try to look past it most times an not get involved. When someone request something or makes a suggestion they think there is hate for the game and ISI or something and then feel the need to speak up as if what we say is something to do with them.

7. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Well you may think I'm some fanboy because usually "defend" ISI but that is not the case. Just want to say my opinion about this topic. For sure they have a plan of which order things are going to be implemented. Maybe that list is re-ordered every now and then but they are doing things like they do for a very good reasons which by the way aren't visible to us "end-users". Therefore, in my humble opinion, we shouldn't be so agressively demanding this and that. They are the ones with best information so let them decide. I think telling them how to do their work is just rude. Instead we should keep it in giving ideas and propositions with good argumentation. That should be enough.

8. Bart S

Bart S Member

I agree with everything you said KeiKei you are diplomatic and correct as I try to be also. I did try to voice myself I think over a year ago on triple screen related issues and not muttered a word since but the time is getting nearer to where ISI will begin to market rFactor2 which most likely is June and non of these issues have been addresses. I only hope they read this and are encouraged to make those fixes for that time, 3 screens is a common standard in race sims and paying customers will feel let down by absent support. All race sim titles fullfill these areas as I know off.
    The ongoing development is a bit of get out of jail free card if you ask me, more and more already bound customers will not want to wait another year or two to see basic features ( multiview, replays, sli/crossfire for triple screens )
    At the end of the day all I (we) can do is kick and shout really and hope someone listerns about the things we think matter more before other features are added.

9. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I agree with triple screen issues and it feels bit strange why it doesn't have higher priority because could imagine it wouldn't affect other parts of the software. Same goes for other apparently easy to fix things like black mirrors etc. But dispite all the feedback given from these issues they still have decided to not fix them yet. All I can think of is that actually they don't want spread rF2 to larger audience yet (which could be very wise until software is mature enough). One efficient way of doing it would be holding back some key features. I don't know if it really is the case so this is, of course, pure speculation. Maybe they have major problems or maybe they don't.

We decided to eat the forbidden fruit and now have to pay the price! :p My personal way of dealing this is to drive less and let time heal. One thing is certain: rF2 is going to be superb racing simulation! Can't wait and that's the biggest problem here. :)

10. coops

coops Banned

@keikei i agree. but cannot stop driving. holding back some features i have thought this way for awhile now..

11. flitzi

flitzi Registered

Its probably been said 100 times: How the modding system works is the biggest problem for day to day online racing.
    To be able to joind a server we have gone from rF1, where you had problems to find the right version of the car and track, to rF2 where, where you have to find the right version of the car and 10+ tracks. So it has become even more difficult.

I would really like to join some rF2 races casually, but to be honest, I have given up...

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Good post KeiKei...

+1

13. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Well in reality isn't everyone here a fan of RF2 if you bought the software and take the time to write in the forums you must have some interest in the software. I don't see any other reason for people to buy rf2 and post here, does this make everyone a fanboy or yes man to ISI. Hell no everyone is open to their own opinion and we all have one as do ISI. All we can do is state our comments and issues then they can choose to act or not on it or just continue on their own path.

Surely every persons opinion can't be listened to and followed as a new priority by ISI and if they changed path after every new post they would be in a complete mess. More then some think its already in that is lol.

They have their path and priorities set which may change every so often but I'm sure they know what they are doing, unfortunately this path they choose will never agree with every other users own priorities as no matter how important we may all feel none of us are the center of the earth. The choices they choose will not be what we all like, we can all hope our main concerns are addressed but demanding something from the devas to only focus on your concerns seems a little selfish to me. But that's just my opinion and like a holes we all have one and some are more offensive then others lol.

14. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

You're SOOO absolutely right ... oh by the way here's MY racing rig.

Seems like alot of that going on huh?

15. dodswm

dodswm Registered

agreed :cool:

16. MrDarceh

MrDarceh Registered

I'd kill for that rig.

17. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

LOL, Thanks but they'd be laughing at you in jail. Not that expensive the way I put it together.

18. Bart S

Bart S Member

Nice screens marv and nice bevel size I'm on 3x24 benqs I really wanna upgrade to 3x2411T for the lightboost trick but with multiview being such a slug on FPS I cant justify it yet.

I am all happy to go with ISI on there development path but comeon multiview performance cant wait another year.

19. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Lol would be a bit awkward telling the other inmates why your doing time. Looking at the setup it would actually be pretty cool for tin top cars to have the central monitor as one of the new extra wide monitors covering the entire windscreen then have the side monitors starting at both edges of the windscreen. I like how your left screen has the bezel on the Pilar but the other screen having the bend in the middle of the windscreen looks a bit strange. Still better then my single screen setup that pretty much works as if I have blinkers on and need to rely on the virtual mirrors to hope to see cars on my inside.

20. osella

osella Registered

I was a fan of rF2 when the beta came out, I don't think many people complained at all about the first build because it was clear it's a revolution in the sim world and of course I am still looking forward to the day when it will overpower rF1 in all ways. That's the main reason I post here.

In short though: do I care about rF2? Yes. Do I like rF2 now? Not at all... Starting from the management of mods etc. Can't remember when was last time I fired it up, it's so offputting with all its issues...