[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Thank you Juergen. I don't understand what's wrong to say that the mixture 1 setting is for safety car mode only because that's the description of URD ingame in the setup menu. Maybe it's wrong to say that 6 tenth lap time difference could be driver related. For me it's not because I can drive 100 laps and they all can differ for a few thens without a different fuel mixture setting. By the way I tested the Corvette at Lemans with 0 splitter and wing set to 6 and adjusted gear rations. Top speed with mixture setting 2 - 278/279km/h (testet 2 times )
    with mixture set to 12 - 280km/h

My opinion is fix, that's not the way it should be. 10 steps of adjustment for 1-2 km/h on the fastest track of the world ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Well...the mixture setting is a curve. From one point it wents done, related to the table.

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Can I ask you one thing that will determine if it's worth to talk to you further: Do. You. Have. An. Engineering. Degree? Do. You. Have. Any. Experience. With. Engines. At. All? Yes or no questions.

4. JNRRR

JNRRR Registered

Do you have? You are writing very much but obviously do not have as much clue as you believe.

5. tje23

tje23 Registered

I quite like the cars (as before) although I often find them frustrating to drive. One of the reasons for this is that I think I often push them too hard to find laptime which isn't actually there to be found.

Is there any reason they're so much slower than the real life versions? Of course I'm not driving perfectly, but at most tracks the cars are *significantly* slower than real life!

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

What do you mean by significantly? And what tracks?

7. danalm

danalm Registered

Remember that those cars are using the 2015 specs (2016 cars are considerably faster). If I compare my current times with a full tank and S8 tyres to real life times, I think they're pretty spot on. E.g. in Silverstone, I can do low 2.01's without trying to hard and I'm sure there are still some tenths to be gained.

8. tje23

tje23 Registered

Yeah, absolutely - I had considered that though! I'd love the 2016 cars, actually. You're about a second quicker than me at Silverstone then. Is this with the updated version? Those cars seem slower than the older ones to me. Perhaps the normal and LM BoP makes a difference?

Here's a comparison with some laps without huge setup work and with the newest update. All on S6 tyres and low fuel.

Sebring
    Real: 1:58.5 Sim: 2:02.5

Indy 2014
    Real: 1:22.2 Sim: 1:27.5

Mosport
    Real: 1:15.3 Sim: 1:20.5

Like I said, these are by no means perfect laps, and you seem to be quicker than me anyway, but those gaps are about 5 seconds. I'd be both delighted and disapointed if you could match the times there! Haha!

9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Remember that the RealRoad conditions can easily make a couple of seconds difference, also the new cars introduce more drag so mechanical grip and getting the most out of the tyres is more important now - and just adding downforce will slow you down alot on the straights. S7 is also not automaticly the best choice, look out for those tyre temps.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What speed is the AI doing at those same tracks with all settings at default/100%?

11. danalm

danalm Registered

I'm on a business trip until Friday. I can then test Indy and Sebring, when I'm back. But like I said, at least in Silverstone (which is very accurate in rF2) the times are spot on for race pace.

12. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

The fastest guys in our team can drive @Indy 2014 with Corvette 2015 on S8 tires and with 90 litres of fuel from 1.24,3xx to 1.24,5xx, so difference is not that huge.

edit:
    fuel mixure 5/12

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2016
  13. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Low 2:00s with S7 tires, 90 L, fuel mixture 5. So cars are plenty fast however it is not HOW FAST can you go with them but HOW LONG can you go fast with them. Previous version were hotlap machines that you just throw around the track and still get the times. This version punishes those who try too hard to be quick every single corner. Almost anyone can do 2:00 in the race but can do you it consistently? Not really, melting your tires isn't the fastest way in the race.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

BTW I thought I'd just mention that the EGT AI cars wear their tires about four times as quickly as the player.
    Tested at Silverstone, 20 laps, AI at 100/25/5, all on S9 tires.
    I had 0.5% percent wear on average per lap (driving as fast as I could), while the AI had around 2.0% on average per lap.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That's partly why I was asking about AI. I don't think they are calibrated well at all in several different parameters. Online racing has been the focus, but it would be great to have realistic AI, too!

16. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

With the last version, I had trouble keeping up with the AI at 100% on a track with good AIW. With this version, I have to set them at ~115% to make them competitive.

17. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

How can you tell the AI wear ?

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

rF2 Log Analyzer, you can see the tire/fuel stats of every car in one of the tabs.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

At all tracks, or only certain ones? My experience is that they are generally too fast, perhaps due to increased grip/tire wear relative to the player car? Of course the AI are so wildly inconsistent from track to track, these comparisons are dangerous. I will admit I rarely used the older versions of the cars, but the v2 are a huge improvement and enjoyable to drive for me, so I'll be using them a lot more. Can't wait for the T5's to get updated, too!

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

At Silverstone the AI seemed quite slow, 100 strength 25 aggression.

I suspect it's either the high wear causing them to be slow, or they're pushing the tires too hard, thus causing the high wear rate. Not really sure which.

Some AI just seems to suffer from severe understeer. Maybe including a better default AI setup could help a bit? Or maybe turn down the wear rate.