[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

EnduranceRacingX by URD

iRacing works this way. You only need to buy the car you want to "drive". If you join a multilclass race it will force you to download the missing content but you don't need to actually "buy" the missing content. I seriously doubt we will ever see any framework for pay mods though in rF2. I can see why ISI wouldn't want to get involved with potential legal problems with pay mods but I wish they would at least give us some plugin functionality to do our own copy protection and make a mod dependent on the plugin. This would mean 3rd parties could implement their own copy protection without involving ISI so they would be off the hook. This would mean most of the development would be on 3rd parties.

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Yeah becase the game was build right away on that. Dont know if ISI thinks about this sofar and if they do its probably on bottom of the list "to do" or "might be done" list.

3. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

It's not important to have such a function in my opinion. RF2 works completly different like iracing or rrre. There we have direct connection to the internet to check account data. What happens if the service goes offline?
    It's the open priciple ISI has and which isn't there on other platforms.

4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

True and i think its better ISI gets us those lights sorted out and some good hybrid system :D

5. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

The hybrid system is an essential feature in modern racing. Beside the endurance series f1 has it, too. Has anybody an idea whether ISI has plans for such a system?

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Certainly it would be in their interest list, the issue is for what year.

7. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

I think it does not depend on the year. Basically the function of the system is the same with different regulations. So i think it could be possible to implement this as a basic and then allow the modder to create the rules for the system. (maximum power, time of use, manual or automatical use, etc.)

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What function are you referring too? A method of authenticating paid mods so people can't just freely distribute them to all their friends to use for free? Or the ability to only need to pay for the cars you want to drive? If ISI made a few changes to the plugin API, 3rd party devs could add both of these features. Sure ISI would need to spend some time to make the changes to the API. But the changes needed would be fairly simplistic. The real work would be done by plugin which would be developed by a 3rd party.

All that would need to be done is include some sort of auth file in the main mas file that has the name of a plugin, and some sort of hash to pass to the dll. The mas would then be encrypted so people couldn't just open the mas and remove the auth file. The game would then load the car, see the auth file, try to call the plugin that was specified in the auth file with a hash that is also specified in the auth file. The function within the plugin simply returns a bool (true/false). If the plugin doesn't exist (for example someone remove the plugin in an attempt to bypass the copy protection) then the car will not load. If the plugin does exist but returns a false, the car will not load. So it is up to the plugin dev to do some sort of auth to determine whether to return a true or false. This could be as simple as checking a licence file on the hard drive, or even something online where the seller of the mod could disable a car if needed. It would be very flexible and very simple for ISI to implement.

But it will never happen. Personally payware is going to fail unless some sort of copy protection is put in place. Everyone these days thinks everything in life should be free. Sad.

9. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

I think it´s not profitable to spend time to an option like that. And the past has shown, that there will come other problems with additional plugins in endurance racing with driver swaps. And the number of payware mods is very low.

10. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

... and so is the amount of high quality scratch made content, funny thing eh' ?

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Profitable for who? If someone volunteered to build the plugin, which I would do in a heartbeat, it wouldn't cut into profit margin at all. If people can only play your mod if they buy it then clearly profits would only go up. This whole concept wouldn't just apply to paymods. Leagues, almost all of them, have private mods. But keeping them private is almost impossible. People are always going to share. If you could lock the content to your league there wouldn't be a problem anymore. Another thing about leagues is we tend to get permission to make massive changes to cars but only if we promise to keep it private. I personally don't like to make a promise I can't keep. As it stands now it is impossible to keep stuff private.

As for plugins crashing swaps... that is a bunch of BS. I've been endurance racing (exclusively) for 3 years now. We race once a month and each race we do several swaps. Never..... never have I or anyone on our team (all running plugins) had a failed swap. Plugins I have run are, MoTeC, RealFeel, GID along with my own private plugins that just our team use. What has happened is someone many many many years had a bugged plugin cause a crash and then spread the word that you can't swap with plugins and it has permanently gone down in history. Even though it is false.

12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Charge then, my friend :) If that makes Ring Djursland and Jyllandsringen come to my simulation of choice, I'd pay you dawlaz, or kroner!

13. ethone

ethone Registered

Yes, charge for content and it instantly becomes high quality. ;)

14. batito

batito Registered

Buy it yesterday and I must say that I really like it, great job.

Just add in the views of the option onboard cameras, a view of action cam, because the view of the hood is very high and I do not feel real and is not immersive. thxs gj

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Yep, from Custom8 it would be HQ.

16. Hendrix

Hendrix Registered

Is anyone working on a series car set for these? I've seen some of the individual cars out there, just curious if anyone is working on anything.

17. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I would be interested to know this too.

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Any one else thinks that the Darche needs more brake power?! even with 100% it feels a bit weak in braking.

19. sg333

sg333 Registered

I agree with this for all the URD GT cars. Whatever about the data URD has, it just doesnt FEEL like they brake enough.

20. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

I'am agree with that, and someone else you think the engine warms more than usual? In many circuits putting the Maximum reboluciones 8500 on an engine that can hold 9200 without rushing to change the acite love standing 100 degrees.