[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I really want to like the AM, but running it next to the Darche... that cockpit in the German one is so unbelievable pretty the way the sun plays with the texture on the wheel, and the LCD throws it's shadow across the dash...

Real shame the AM has such a basic pit (I accept it's realistic, it's just not much to get immersed in). The wheel texture might benefit from some work, the rim looks so plastic next to the Darche.

2. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hi Ales,

Maybe a screenshot or two for us?

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Will post them as soon as i can, Ferruccio is really empty ingame only and those screens are not worth anything now, just for some test as im going to finish it with cockpit ingame and missing alot yet there.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ales can I ask you how do you work in the car's physics?! I'm very curious about this modding stage:) who test the cars in game?!

5. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

www.phoenixracingclub.net are running a very popular and highly subscribed URD league.

6. sn0man

sn0man Registered

Thanks, I'll check them out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

I guess all of you have noticed that only ISI and URD cars behave 'as they should'. All (and I mean ALL) the other cars have a strange rear behaviour, something like a loss of grip from a point.

Same happens to the cars I try to make for myself, I have been struggling where can be the issue, but I don't see anything.

Ales, as it is an extended issue, you may be aware, and you are the only team which deals ok with it, so, just one question, is it a tyre modding error or a chassis modding error?

Sorry for my OT.

8. UnitedRacingDesign

Well doing homework. Reading rules, forums, datas for the cars you work on. Offcourse testing is needed to.
    Ive mentioned some time ago that i usually go and read alot of pdf stuff from real series and i mean alot. That helps on first place with modeling a car wich from suspension position to wheelbase, tire size allready makes alot. Other things can be read and implented into physics as far as rf2 allows us to and other thing is testing and listen to community to what it needs to be done.
    Few guys here in forum helped us to allready with some tips on how something should behave and we have some real drivers to testing our cars.

You mean for other mods? Dont know actually, i didnt check how others are done. I do know that many other mods use ISI tires, small tweaks for different series can be adjusted easy way but overall, they just need to test it, get the feeling right with chassis to. Some mods are done dirrect conversion from older gmotor games and this is the problem to. Needs to be tweaked for rf2 as the direct conversion dont work here well.

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Imagine a loud snoring sound coming from this thread...

10. UnitedRacingDesign

Lol, might be silent bit here at the moment but dont worry, alot is beeing done behind the doors ;)

11. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

We all hoped so I guess. WEC season is about to start and I get excited about the feruccio again ;)

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Ales, whatever you do.... please don't change the cars to only work in 590. Too many issues with track lighting and stuff.

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think it's safe to assume the shortlist of issues is also being fixed? :D
    Off the top of my head:
    - Bayro front downforce issues
    - Fuel consumption inbalance, not that all cars must be the same but there's great discrepancy to their real life counterparts
    - Elevated tire wear (perhaps matched with unoptimized setup?)
    - Cars lapping little too fast compared to real life counterparts, judging from drivers who are far from aliens (don't know if it's down to downforce, mechanical grip, or acceleration?)
    - Corvette audio nearly non-existent
    - FFB of Bayro and Corvette not matching that of Arthur Merlin, Darche, and Venom

14. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Hi Ales,
    i always wondered, why only the top lights on Darche are on, when i switch on the lights. then i had a crash and lost front bumper, now the lower lights are on without the bumper?!?
    here lights are off, with bumper:
    View attachment 12316

then, without bumper, lights are on ;-)
    View attachment 12317

15. UnitedRacingDesign

Lights are a pain at the moment for all different bumper styles, not posibile to do them. For now the lower ones are only visible on older bumper style.

16. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

ok, no problem
    you are very quick with answers :)

17. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

To be fair I feel the FFB on the Corvette and Bayro feels a bit better.

18. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

19. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Are you guys running this with newest stable build (B660) - safe to upgrade?

20. Running 660 and latest EGT mod here - works like a charm :)