[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok... I`ve managed to get 20 odd laps done in the Bayro and about 8 laps in the Darche.

Firstly, both cars feel good to drive, I like the way your going with things Ales.

However, I agree with the other guys about the braking/lack of locking up etc...

The Bayro I was mashing the brake pedal from top speed and no lock ups of any description which I too think surely can`t be right.

The Darche though I could lock up the brakes but not quite as I expected (not like other cars I`ve driven in rf2) but they did lock up.

Looking forward to other cars getting their cockpits. :)

2. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I know, these two just happen to be least interesting cars to me... so I can't compare the five, how they differ from each other.

3. Capeta

Capeta Registered

All that can depend of your steering angle & wheel parameters.
    That's the problem in rFactor 1 & 2, you can almost create a TC and ABS with some specials settings.

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

How about default ones?

5. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Wich defaut ones ? Defaut ingame ? In the profiler ? With defaut setup of the car ? On ISI track ? VLM one's ?

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Trust me. I've tried different combinations, different combos and different settings. It needs to be fixed. It spoils overal quality of the mod.

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Haven't yet tried this mod but thought to share my opinion anyway :p

I would also like to see that it's possible to lock brakes when pushing them too hard (or stomping). But lets be honest, would we stomp the brakes just because it's possible? Probably not, we would still drive these cars by controlling the brake usage. Those who want stomp can, it's not bothering me, those guys won't be probably the fastest anyway.

In the other hand, if you can't lock the brakes then there aren't possible to get flat spots either. And that isn't realistic of course. It gives extra challenge which is nice.

Imo, possibility to lock up the brakes takes nothing away from the fun factor... no need to make unrealistic braking in order to make it more noob friendly... braking isn't the hardest thing really.

8. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

Ales, have you planned on adding heat haze-effect from the exhaust pipe to the cars?

9. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Hope not. Looks real cheesy IMHO.

Not sure what the deal is with everyone saying they cant lock up. I can on any car. 95-100 brake, locks em up anytime I please. I would check your hardware. :)

Thanks for update Ales

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Again... The hardware is fine. Lots of people with different equipment feels the same, so what's your deal?

11. LowRider

LowRider Registered

There must be a reason that some people can't lock up the brakes and other can.
    At least i am also able to easily lock up the brakes if i mean to do.

12. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

My deal is I can lock the brakes on these cars. I think I made that clear. Have you an issue with my previous post? If so, Im not sure what your deal is :confused:

13. bwana

bwana Registered

with default in game setting I can lock my years with stomping but only after a short period of slowing ,it then locks rears and the tail goes out. thats in the Venom at Longford .

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

No comments on my post? ah well...

I would like to see people posting videos of not being able to lock up and being able to lock up. Problem solved.

15. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

rough and ready pix to show locking as per TIG_green

wheel in motion as shown by rim blur:

[​IMG]

fronts locked:

[​IMG]

all 4 locked!

[​IMG]

in the final photo, the car was sliding into a spin, all 4 wheels locked up. i didnt slam on the brakes to deliberately achieve this, just a bit too heavy to induce the lock.

i use V1 clubsports, no ABS. sorry its not a video but just wanted a quick reply to show the locking up of brakes on this mod

also, no idea why i took photos, when an easy F12 would have done it but there you go lol

16. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Pretty cool effect with the blurred rear versus the locked front...

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

It's not impossible to lock up the brakes, so photos doesn't really prove anything because we have no idea of how long you've been stomping on the brakes before locking up :p
    I think the discussion is about that it's too hard to lock up, not impossible. First corner after the loooong straight at Nordschleife for example, I can simply use 100% brake pressure for several seconds and I only need to release pressure (just a tiny bit) the very last meters before turn in.

It's not about hardware, I have no idea why people keep mentioning hardware... It doesn't matter what hardware we are using. If we have pedal overlay (like trackmap) and see 100% brake pressure, it's the same for all, no matter if you are using G27 or clubsports pedals etc. No problem with my pedals, I can easily lock up with other mods.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

People that are saying it is easy to lock up could be on a green track. Some tracks have more grip than others too.

BTW, I am not saying it is too easy or too hard to lock. I haven't tested the new build yet.

19. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

You wont see these cars in real eather locking up as easy as some would want to. If there isnt anything wrong with the car, tires they wont lockup, especially at higher speed when downforce is working and if they do lockup at some point that is happening only at low speed but as extrem as some would want even no abs.

20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I don't mind a car that is easy to drive, but hard to drive fast. As long as you can't go full brakes into a corner.