[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

First off - love your work. Thanks for doing this -I know I paid you but it is worth it.

A question/constructive comment - In the cars with cockpits, it feels like I am too close to the wheel, almost like I am sitting with my face against the windscreen. When I move the seat back to what I think is a normal driving position, I start to see the cockpit's edges where it looks like no work has been done.

Is it just me? Do endurance racers sit closer to the wheel?

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

@Hedlund_90 cockpit sounds got and exterior ones got louder with later one so i have to adjust now other sounds to.
    Some engines dont produce really alot of hp on low rpm and first gear is bit diferent to others to so that might be to. Ive checked alot how some of those cars actually take a run and they barely get moving to some speed :D

That AI smoke on nord could for sure be simple as there are alot of high speed straights and the AI use default setup, with that they hit the rpm maximum and burn the engine down and our cars are more setuped for AI to the medium/low speed tracks.

FFB is same on other tracks as on nords? As some track settings can affect the car to. I dont drive nords at this stage any time when developing the game and i prefer setuping physics for mills/silverstone only as default.

@idaanx so only replays? Than it could be that something rf2 read wrong, our engines are bit more old style done sofar(rf1). Didnt fully implent the ISI values inside as i dont completly understand them all yet and might be that rf2 needs some of those values there.

Change the fov rather than moving it to much back. What are the edges you actually see, except Bayro and Venom there are like no details in cockpits for sure sofar, that will change? To spare on polys not to much of details is done behind driver as that is what is usually dont see. Drivers are actually really close to the wheel.

Thats a good video of a cam on drivers helmet wich is slightly more to right, up and to right side of the driver. Imagine where driver eyes are and what they see.

3. UnitedRacingDesign

Btw guys, does anybody remember wich rf1 mod had MOTEC display glow in night? I just cant find it and i would like to look how its done to see if i can try to do this in rf2.

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

In all reality RatRunner what you are describing is a result of correct FOV and just a small monitor. Really this...

[​IMG]

is what you would see with correct FOV and a normal screensize. I would love a huge screen so I could admire the new interiors but alas I too have to look at dash and banner and nothing else. The price we pay for a pro setup.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I can see there is still lot to do based on comments here... I'll keep waiting.

Don't want to drive half finished cars and be a tester for mods anymore. (not enough time for that)

I wait until there's only minor bugfixes to do...

Keep up the good work Ales!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
  6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thank you for the update Ales :)

7. hoover

hoover Registered

Have you tried mapping them to the keyboard? Maybe you have "autofire" active on your wheel buttons? ;)

I'm using the b/n keys to change the FOV in-car, works for me.

Uwe

8. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Wasn´t there something like that in the GSM Porsche mod?

9. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

I disagree, you actually see with your peripheral vision the whole image, but gives his attention only to the box. so for me the correct FOV be to the overall image and focus your attention on the center frame of the image.

10. UnitedRacingDesign

Just checked it, its upgrade available only.

11. gagipro

gagipro Registered

But he is correct about the fov applyed to screen resolution !

For the thing you said : you should buy an headtracker OR closest ti what you think : get a triplehead surround setup.

I've got both and i don't use the headtracker anymore ...

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Here, check this post out for the full science behind it all. http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/93-Setting-up-your-rFactor-FOV-Tutorial

13. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

There's always been 2 main trains of thought on the monitor setup/fov front. First one, as ZeosP mentioned, is to use the monitor as a sort of a window into the game world. It requires specific equations to position the monitor and set an exact FOV. The second one, which MiniS is referring to, relies on using the power of ur brain to kind of miniaturize urself. U set the FOV to what u see in the real world and then scale it down to fit inside the monitor. With the first method things stay proportional to what they are in reality. The 7" Motec display is 7". The second method allows u to see a lot more and also has a better perceived sense of speed.

Personally I used to run method 2 till I found one of ZeosP's post way back on the day (thanks BTW). After switching to method one I found I was faster and more consistent. Even tho you see less its a lot more natural and easier for ur brain to fill in the gaps. Not to mention when you go to triple screens its heaven. To each his own tho, whatever works I guess. End OT :)

P.S. I love the Venom cockpit Ales. Can't wait for u to do ur magic with theVette

14. Sentri

Sentri Registered

Any chance of a transparent window banner upgrade? I find the current temp AM banner to be pretty big, seems fia thinks ad space > driver view.

15. UnitedRacingDesign

Sure, dont worry, once i do HD cockpit ingame ill add that.

16. niko666

niko666 Registered

Hi. After this mod is finished, any chance of you making a Por...Darche Cup Car? I guess it would be pretty easy to make since by then you have already done gt2/gte spec Darche.

17. UnitedRacingDesign

The model would have to be done new but 1 car should not be soo hard to do. We are actually thinking about it but i think some stuff for now will have priority like the LMP.

18. smartin13

smartin13 Registered

maybe you can make a drivable safety car.after driving AC street cars i remember that we dont have street cars in rf2.
    PS: very very cool venomenal mod.

19. Magus

Magus Registered

I'm still waiting for this promise to materialise from 28th April:

What happened here or did I miss something?

20. UnitedRacingDesign

Still in work, as usuall cockpit is missing, thought some sounds are ready but not ingame yet. There are few things we have to set as priority overall as im not alone anymore working but will be done.