[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Any opinions on how this drives? For me, the T5 Mod isn't quite right. DTM are supposed to have very high grip, but I find it difficult believing that basically the only risk on track is understeer due to taking a corner too fast (which is how I find they drive). How do these compare to the T5 Mod?

2. gpfan

gpfan Registered

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Ive seen the mirrors wich are planed but those lights i see for first time, yeah will add those but later. Thx for those.

4. smartin13

smartin13 Registered

5. UnitedRacingDesign

Sorry tomorow, we are working on some sound improvments at this minute and im still working on Venom physics. And im trying to get rid of losing the rear while heavy braking.

6. Syonco

Syonco Registered

Just bought this package, amazing stuff Ales! Thanks for creating great content for us to enjoy!

7. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

+1 Awesome stuff. Keep up the great work Ales Tx :cool:

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yep, I've just grabbed it too, only had a couple of mins with it though. Brilliant looking models, well done :)

9. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Nice ! don't worry about any release's until you feel they are ready for scrutiny here ! lol ,
    but seriously glad to see you taking the extra time to get it right ! that's more important, to me anyway ! ;)

10. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Especially if you are 20 mtrs outside the white lines :rolleyes: :p

11. DEK

DEK Registered

Hi Ales,

1. Take your time, there is no need to hurry with this mod.

2. The view out of the cockpit(AM for example) is real. And please, real is what we aim for. It is something completly different to seat in a street car or a gt4 car than in a gte car or a prototype. I know what i m talking about. I have a Aston M dealer in my town and i was able to get into the cockpit of the gte and the gt3 car. There is also a darsche dealer there who is making service for some of the racecars and cup gt3`s. Trust me you are doing right.

Great work so far.

12. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi Ales,
    it's good to see you constantly keep in contact to your customers, really appreciate this.
    Regarding the Bayron i see my early problem (post #905) with turn entry solved, even with rear wing setting under 20 as long as i use frontbrake above 63% and engine brake mapping above 2 (which has an big impact BTW). All this with my actual balance, which is still a little bit understeering.

About tyres, looking to the vids posted by vittorio (#923) it's really impressive to see how much grip a modern slick tyre is able to deliver, and i think you are pretty much spot on in term of peek grip. About the behavior of the tyre at the limit, i think there is still some room for improvement, generally i like this behavior when a tyre at the limit begin to "smear", so when the rubber begin to stretch and at some point it rips off and the tyre really begins to slide, this is also the point where you should begin (at least) with countersteer. This behavior looks very realistic to me, and can be felt besides your Bayron on most of the ISI cars as well. But i think when it comes to the point where the tyre really begins to slide it's just a little bit to harsh, bit to much dropoff, making the car difficult to control at the limit.
    I tryed the Darche once for a couple of laps and found it very easy, very nice to drive, for me it felt like this car uses different tyres.

One other thing i encountered, is the cars, and with "the cars" i mean not only yours but nearly all in rF2, they seems to be more easy, or even as easy to control at fast corners than on slow ones, which is a bit strange. But most likely this is engine related, so i think there isn't very much you can do.

Something i noticed, when i stand at the box with neutral gear the engine reacts relative sluggish to the gas pedal (revs up and down), so I decided to try this with my private car (Bayro 120i);) and was pretty surprised that the engine was also very inert reving up. So i'm not shure about this any more. :)

Hope you find my feedback useful i some way. As others already said, take the time you need, i have no problem to wait a little longer for good guality. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
  13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Now it is tomorrow :rolleyes: can I have it ? :eek:

14. UnitedRacingDesign

File is up but we need to make quick test now than emails will go out.

@TJones thx for the feedback, great one :)

15. Timallen

Timallen Registered

Yesterday i drive the Bayro on the Nordschleife, and it makes so much fun, thanks for your work :)

16. UnitedRacingDesign

Changelog for 0.7 (Email notification with download link will come in an hour from now)

-Venom car added,
    -Sounds improved on Bayro and AM cars plus changed some other misc sounds for all cars (Cockpit sound volumen will be tuned up later but let me know overall how are improvments and i think opponent sounds are bit to low set at the moment)
    -Some textures improvments, very visible brighter carbon parts and new tire wall textures for all tires....
    -LODs improved, showing longer and MAX and HIGH settings slightly longer overall to
    -Some changes to physics:
    Car weight 1250 +75kg driver so overall now no less than 1325
    Rear wing adjusted, settings are still same
    Added final ration to all cars and changed gears overall
    Opened up weight distribution for all cars
    Brake Torque adjusted-front more and rear less
    Engines slightly adjusted
    Default setup adjusted
    Airdam slightly opened to adjust grip on the front

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
  17. tjc

tjc Registered

Good stuff Ales...

Good to hear the final ratio`s can now be adjusted.

Looking forward to it.

:)

18. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Now if there would be a server with Nordschleife 0.97d and EnduranceRacingX 0.7 wouldn't that be awesome? Testing the new mod together on the mother of all tracks ...

19. UnitedRacingDesign

Email is out! I hope no hiden bugs and that i solved those beeing present. Have fun!

20. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

yaaay, got mail :)