[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'll definitely be racing this mod online once we have cockpits (it feels strange to race without it, especially because I'm using trackIR and I get really disoriented when looking around with it from bumper cam :p)

I have not seen too many servers running T5 mod for example. I really hope it will be easier to find a server for this mod, but honestly I think it might has to do with this being payware.

2. Miro

Miro Registered

I've been online a few times on James's server and never been alone honestly. Just get online and wait a few minutes and people pop up most of the time. I think with time there will be more online as the cars get finished.
    The cars are awesome to race with, they are different in top speed, cornering and stuff but match each other, of course track dependent.

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I don't know very much about this series, but is the AM meant to be superior to the Darche? I mean.. AM is reaching ~280 km/h with rear wing at 13° at Nordschleife, still it's very stable. The Darche however, reaching only 250 km/h with the same amount of rear wing, and is still slightly harder to control. Decreasing rear wing to gain topspeed make the car so unstable that it will worsen the laptimes.

Also noticed a bug with the Darche setup... Engine's brake map is set to 2 as default. If I increase it (3 or higher), the car will give throttle automatically and rev the engine as soon as I touch the pedal.

4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

The Darche has a few problems, but I sure do LIKE it. Love it on Sebring 12 hr.
    They fit perfectly!

5. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Quick progress report:

Venom is going ingame today, will post screens tomorow,
    Ive got some updates on the sounds yesterday-going to implent them tomorow.

And ive got quick model review today from Revelli, our guy helping us with some models and screen attached. If you all agree before going to cockpits im going to do that car ingame so we will be able to drive it next week?

6. asehauDLM

asehauDLM Registered

Looking great! Adding this car ingame first sounds good to me.

7. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

Yes, I'm ok too to wait a bit more for the cockpit, and the model look great :) !
    A "complete" serie is a good point, and with the italian car too it will be perfect, I like this :) !

8. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

I agree on bringing the car ingame first and then do the cockpits and physic improvements as we can test all cars together :)

9. sg333

sg333 Registered

Looking great, and I agree with everyone about bringing it ingame first :)

10. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Aaah, that's made my day - the car I've been most looking forward to since the mod was announced (although I must admit the AM has caught my eye recently) :D.

I'd agree with powering ahead to get the Vette in game first and then going back to do cockpits, but I'd also suggest you bring forward the 458 as well and get the exterior model into the game alongside the other five cars before going back to do cockpits. Then move onto the LMPs. With the Corvette in game, the 458 would be the only GT outstanding, and it would seem odd to wait for the one car to be added later? I know a lot of people are waiting for cockpits, and others are waiting for prototypes, but it would seem to make most sense to complete the GTE set first and doing it in full batches?

11. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

As far as I understood the prototype models are more or less done, the Ferrari hasn't even been started yet. So it will come later as a nice addition.

12. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Ok, I'm in the minority here and would like to see cockpits first.
    I can't drive properly from any other camera perspective. :)

13. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

I think Ales said he had an existing model that needed updating? Anyway, it's obviously his decision of course, just chipping in with my 2c :)

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

For me cockpits first! I think that there are a lot of people like me that are waiting for the cockpits release to drive these cars!
    I did 2-3 laps with the Marlin, but after some laps I felt some how disoriented!

15. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Ales, will you be including the Some1 light glare shader in the next release, or is that waiting for further down the line? The effect looks really quite good now judging by his most recent screenshots.

16. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

+1 for Some1's light shaders! (If he's ok with it ofc)

17. tjc

tjc Registered

It`s a bit 50-50 for me (maybe not much help to you I know :p)

If I had to make a choice I think I`d like to see the cockpits/drivers done on the other cars first but I`m also happy to go with the general consensus.

I do find it difficult to drive the cars without cockpits as it just seems a bit strange and I only drive from cockpit view... I also find myself taking screens of the cars without cockpits when they are stationary as it just doesn`t look right to have a car in a screen that`s moving but has no driver... :p

Nice model btw. :)

18. tjc

tjc Registered

I found a bit of a bug Ales...

Had a slight off at LD in the Bayro and the bonnet came off but just sat like it is in the screen, in mid air and the lights stayed in position and on.

[​IMG]

I know the lights thing may be a rf2 bug as I`ve seen this with ISI cars and other mods...

19. tHenOrthfAce

tHenOrthfAce Registered

Looking really good Ales, i like the pace you guys are putting out those cars.
    On the cockpit topic: iam all in for the new models first, although iam driving from cockpi view i have no problem whatsoever with having the low detail cockpits which are now available on darche and a. merlin. Iam on singlescreen and running a fov of 30° and therefore not seeing much of the actual cockpit. I can not understand how someone gets disorientated or is having problems at driving those cars at this stage of development. How much cockpit do you guys see on your screen? Even on triples the low detail dash should not distract you as the shape is there only the details are missing.

btw. these cars look ace on build 339

20. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

I don`t want to be rude or something like that, but I will write this again. If you don`t like cars without cockpits done, simply don`t install them until then and let us, who don`t care about that, to drive them as they are ATM :).