[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

No list yet, its long, hehe. There will come sone names like Aura and Bayro again into those classes, wheels do tell alot sofar allready :) The shaders and material settings Makcorp used im using allready on the T5 cars and ive done there 787b ingame to ;)

2. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Cool. Would be very interested to see some ingame shots of the cars when you get to that stage. I hope they look as good as the 787!

Are you simulating a particular season of a real series we won't mention, or are you picking and choosing from the last few years?

3. UnitedRacingDesign

787b is bit higher in details we do them but not so much, we are doing our cars in just right amount to be good deal beetwen fps and details so there should be no issues running lets say up to 50 cars at once.
    Simulating a pricular real series yes but we are not going yet under 2012 and adding some 2013 for sure and adding some cars from other series that are basicly same class, most of of them we dont have anywhere yet.

4. UnitedRacingDesign

Well...busy days... Bayro E5

5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

6. Papanowel

Papanowel Registered

I hope you're also planning to make the Nissan GTR gt3 :)

Nice model so far.

7. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Model looking very good so far. Keep up the good work! Could I ask if you'll be raising the texture resolution over that of the T5 mod? This mod will look really good with really clear, sharp textures. Plus I'd like to teach myself how to skin with the...

Really looking forward to this!

8. UnitedRacingDesign

Higher resolutions take fps but any painters could easy add higher resolution skins to them. I want to keep everything as low as posibile and less as posibile so nobody gets fps hits later on full grid.

9. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Of course I do see your point, but I don't think you need to hurt the look of the cars to accommodate lower end users. Remember, lots of people upgrade their hardware when they need to or find something that makes it worth their while, and with rF2 being around for years to come, people's hardware will catch up. There are plenty of users with high end systems right now, and there should also be a good bit of optimisation coming from ISI too, so that will help as well. Obviously you've seen these two screenshots before, but just to reinforce my point:

http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/3814/8463388626_db1fcd8729_o.jpg
    http://isiforums.net/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=7018&d=1364827455

I think this is the level you should be aiming for (or very close to), maybe with lower resolution options for lower-end users if you wish and if it's even possible. I can only imagine how good your cars would look if the texture density was near this - absolutely fantastic. Yes, it may result in more resources being used up, but you're selling a product, and you shouldn't sell yourself short. rF2 can support this level of quality, and people will catch up if they want to. I would urge you to consider the above points; I think you'll reap the benefits if you do.

Please don't take the above as criticism - your mod is the first thing that's interested me in rF2 in months, and I can see the huge potential for it :)

10. UnitedRacingDesign

I know what you mean but those textures from megane or the 787b dont use any higher textures we do.
    For sure i know 787b has 2048x size textures and everything else as we do and its years back but i had a chance to test WSGT2 cars back than and im sure its to 2048x body size and everything else in our similar sizes to.

Here are some pics of Aura with 2048x size to. What does makes a diferente are the dds as they clearly dont work best with darker textures and than they lose quality.

11. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

To be honest, the screenshots I'd seen of the T5 mod in game didn't look anywhere near as crisp as those shots you've just attached. I didn't know if it was the game or the texture quality, but it's obviously something the game is doing. If that's the level you're working too and using the 787b shaders then I don't think I have any more complaints :) And I'm now even more interested!

12. UnitedRacingDesign

Yeah, it depends on system specs to. Those screens were done by Aleksss and he did 787b screens to. Some screens from T5 were done by some, mostly early WIP ones and my pc isnt the best.
    Well overall this new mod will look as it should, we are doing our best here.

13. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

You model Ales? great skills! great criteria.

14. UnitedRacingDesign

I do everything except sound ;) Marc, the other modeler is working on PX cars for now and im going to work on EGT ones, than ill join him as im doing it full time and he is working in free time now.

15. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

But of course, can't ask for any more than that ;) Now get back to work! :D

16. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Impresive, i do model but mostly characters, i plan to make an alternative driver for the comunity, with more polys, skinneable and with some touches in animation. What you use? Max? i use the 2010 version.

17. UnitedRacingDesign

zmodeler2 ;) i use max only for ingame work, tryed to switch alot of times allready but just cant get used to max.

18. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Crazy, i just dont get zmodeler, i use Max since the DOS version (named 3d studio r, max comes with windows), try to switch, for modeling is the best by far, if i can help you dont hesitate.

19. UnitedRacingDesign

Thanks, thought im really happy with zm2 sofar and only thinking to switch to zm3 someday as i bought them both but could be that time will come i will have to go completly to max.

20. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Looking good. Looks like you can make a mod faster than ISI a single car update ;)

You really moving this on. Keep the good work!

P.S. Can't wait to see the Ferraru 458 EGT.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013