It is a shame!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Didi, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Lol, no. I know what I am doing, because it is simple. I do not run on luck.

2. coops

coops Banned

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

3. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

To the OP: now forget the installation procedure for a moment and think in the simulation itself, the car and the track and the race, you realize how good or, if you want, how fun is rFactor 2, then you can give another chance.

4. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I agree with you bud. People really make this a lot more difficult then need be. Most issues I am sure is because users don't know how to read or don't want to.:rolleyes:

5. Didi

Didi Registered

Hi Folks!

The first words in this thread were mine, th e last will be mine again...

I never had any Console-Games, or Consoles itself.(My Kids have)
    I am 45 yeras old and i am racing simulations since 1995, online since 2001 (Nascar 2003, GTR,GTR2,Gt-Legends,rFactor,IRacing...)
    Longer than some guys in this forum are in this wonderfull world :)

So far, so good and as another info, here my Computer-System:
    AMD Phenom II X6 T1100
    VTX3d 7950 X-Edition (OC)
    16GB Ram
    Win7-64Bit Edition

System works without any problems (i see when playing Crysis3,FarCry3 or BF3 in high resolutions)
    But that is not the problem.
    How can it be, that you can`t go a Mod at Malaysia 1.2, because you have Malaysia 1.42....and so on
    How can it be, that you can`t go Megane on any track you want, like in rF1 or all the other Sims?
    You ned a file called Megane@anywhere or some files "All cars@all tracks x.y"
    And how can it be, that i play the newest egoshoter, or ProjectCARS/Assetto Corsa in high to full resolutions with fps more than
    60-70 in a stabile way, but when i stand on start in Melbourne (Marrusia-Mod) frames are droping from
    27 to 17 when it is raining!!!!
    AND, don`t say playing ProjectCARS, it`s more simulation you belive and it is more nearer to finish, than rF2.

However, it is my personal mind.
    But, i ask you, and think before write, do you want to have a Simulation-Game for your own, where you have to
    do such a installation procedure like in rF2 (sorry for my bad english).
    Doesn`t matter if it is alpha or beta.
    I am a hard working family father you loves to do the "Poor man Race-Sport" called PC-Simulation.
    AND...BUT... i want to drive,fight,win or lose races and hav fun on servers with other fanatics.
    But i don`t want to think about installing Mods in that way like rF2, the whole evening and going to frustrated
    bed, because i needed more time for the game itself than for driving.

So, don`t be angry with me, but that sucks.
    I really,really,really hope, that rF2 will become the best Simulation ever...with all these features
    like wind,rain, ground, and so on.
    But why could it not be more easy for the users???

Greeting from Austria
    Didi Draxler ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  6. DeM

DeM Registered

Is what you are saying you do not like the relationship between the Tracks and Vehicles ? If so then i must agree, this to me and a few others i have discussed with, is a big mistake for the ISI

7. Miro

Miro Registered

Griaßti Didi! ;)

Zwegs Malaysia, ISI is grod dabei von rfmod's auf Komponenten umzusteign. Des is leider grod a ungünstiger Zeitpunkt aber wert sich in Zukunft sicha auszohln. Sprich es wird dann alles viel einfacher da einfach einzelne Kompenenten vorhanden sind, sei es wegen updates oder sonnst was. :p

Du kannst mit dem Megane auf jeder Strecke rasen musst aber unter "SERIES" "All tracks & cars" ganz oben auswählen.
    Somit kannst du mit jeder Karre auf jeder Strecke fahren.

Zu Melbourne, tja das ist keine ISI Strecke und daher kann die Frage einfach an den jeweiligen Modder gestellt werden.
    Kann auch in AC passieren in Zukunft, es obliegt dem jeweiligen Modder die Strecke zu optimieren.
    Ich rate daher zu test Zwecken immer auf ISI Strecken zu testen wenn es um Grundfunktionen von rF2 geht.

Ach ja, keiner ist böse mit dir wegen den Socken! ;)

Pfiati

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  8. Didi

Didi Registered

....hab die Socken grad gegen "Sucks" getauscht.
    Und ehrlich....so wie es gemacht wurde, ist es Sch... auch der Teil mit den Frames.
    Aber... ich habe fertig

Grüsse aus Linz,
    Didi

9. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

About installing mods. Why not make it so that once there's new stuff in packages folder game asks user if new content should be installed? This dialog window could have few simple alternatives to choose from like 1. Install all, 2. Install vehicles & tracks, 3. Let me choose what to install... (which would open mod manager). Installing and updating new stuff is so easy and logical with current system so there shouldn't be problems making it automatic.

10. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Finde es schon seltsam, dass deine Frames so niedrig sind, wenn ich dein System anschaue. Meiner ist viel schwächer aber habe selten Probleme.

Intel E6750
    Asrock Conroe 1333-D667
    4GB DDR2
    GTX550ti
    Win7 64 Bit

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

This were told many times, rF2 system is not user friendly, and this turns people away. If developer made a decision that mods and tracks must be connected, at least hide this process, automate it and do not let user touch it at all. Developer happy, user - happy.

And I don`t really understand, how rF1 worked so great for so many years without connection between cars and tracks? And rF2 suddenly absolutely must have it?

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Jeremy, the thing I dislike about vmods is the hassle in adding content to them every time new content is released.
    Instead of just loading the GT mod in game and selecting the new track, you have to add it to an existing vmod...takes a minute or two but it's not exactly user friendly for those who don't know how to do it or want the hassle of it.
    Then when you select your new vmod in game and run a few laps you think "ooh the F2s would be good on this track", you then have to exit the game and go through the vmod creation or addition all over again, therefore this vmod system is screaming out for a in game gui interface...as wished for early last year btw!

Ok you could use All Cars All Tracks but that is a complete mess especially when you'll have 100 mods and 100 tracks....and having to change the seat and mirror view and race settings and etc etc etc...get the point?
    This is another area that needs a massive overhaul which had been noted to ISI bit I just simply don't see them getting time to do it unfortunately.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Imo vmod system is easy to learn and use. So I agree with Nand Gate.

Avarage user do not even have to use the vmod packaging system. It's server admin's responsibility to make a server easily accessible. I just do not understand admins who must use vmod with ALL the tracks when they only drive in 10% of them.

It's really a 1 minute job for an admin to create a vmod with few cars and few tracks (all that is ever needed at a time). Then if somebody do not have some content, it's a fast job to get the missing content and still be able to join in time.

14. Miro

Miro Registered

The vmod can, should and must stay. Somehow you have to ensure that there are no mismatches.

Simplest solution IMO:

When hosting, same UI like offline -> choose car -> choose track -> set race settings -> race. (vmod automatically generated)
    Or even a series with more cars and tracks.
    This way everybody can host a race if he wants.

Joining online, the user doesn't even need to know if he is downloading a vmod. (vmod download takes 2 sec anyway)
    When leaving the race just a simple question -> remember car/track combo? Yes or No.
    If the answer is no, delete it.

And keep the current way of creating vmods also for league admins.

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

+1 would be even simplier yes.

16. Didi

Didi Registered

@F1 2004

Ich denk der Knackpunkt ist die Grafikkarte. Anscheinend dürften ATI Karten weniger gut laufen als NVidia Karten.
    Tja, was soll ich sagen...

For the English speaking guys.
    I is an "Open secret and a known mystery that NVidia-Cards are working better in rF2 than ATI-based Cards.

am i right?

Didi

17. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Ja liegt wohl daran. Wenn ich mich richtig erinnere, fragte Tim jemandem von Ati, ob sie den Treiber für RF2 optimieren könnten und die Antwort sei gewesen, dass sie es nicht machen wollen und ISI ,rF2, optimieren müssen.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

But right there you're assuming everyone races online, what about those that don't and want to use different cars on different tracks. Vmod creation is currently a hassle no matter how quick it is and there are still fundamental flaws in the creation process. Not everyone is a savvy pc user like you or me and they will get turned off by having to create a vmod every time a new track is released.

Going over old ground again anyway,this was all discussed a year ago and I'm seriously worried we'll be driving a Work in Progress sim for many years instead of a sim that should have basic features completed then additional enhanced features added down the road.
    Look at the spray, yes it's work in progress fair enough, but it breaks online use for leagues as you can't control who has it turned on or off. Are we going to get breakers like thatevery build for next 5 years? I sincerely hope not as leagues won't be able to function properly from build to build.

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

What's wrong with "All tracks and cars"? :s I always use that. If you mean that this way series specific settings won't be there then I see inconvenience but not exactly a problem.

Everything can be improved of course and in rf2 case there will be improvements for sure.

I just try to tell people that it's far from "broken". Just enjoy racing, which is still very good even in it's current state.

And imo it's not very good league if league members can not trust each other for having same settings if those settings aren't forced.

20. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Why do you need a Vmod offline? Isn't simply selecting "All Cars and Tracks" working anymore?