rFactor2 Build 198 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 2, 2013.

1. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

We will not see the changes, it's sad.
    Time, has already confirmed it.
    Mark no one will.

2. Paddler

Paddler Registered

Why don't you play something else instead then???

3. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

If you do prefer to believe the driver's view is like a jet pilot inside a cumulonimbus cloud as you can see currently in RF2, then good for you.

4. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Endless promises ISI and hope for the project. Only hope will end)
    Design flexibility, the actual simulation of their things that you want, but the core of graphic depressing. In the end, collapsing plans that I want to make high quality, the engine ISI.

5. MrPinkDrifter

MrPinkDrifter Registered

can someone confirm this to me.
    is this the way its suppose to be or is it something they just forgot ?

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

No offence guy, but your posts are depressing more than the graphic engine, and give the feeling we need to jump in a river from the highest bridge we can find ;) You know, life always end badly, so why not enjoy it right now? :) If you didn't have some fun with rF2 you will not be there I guess, so enjoy what we have, it's my advice! :)

Cheerssss!

7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

One hundred meters away and the #1 McLaren is still visible despite the awful weather condition. When the in-front car is slower, there's almost no spray. And when Hamilton is in full speed at the main straight, Alonso just let his car to other side of the track and avoid the spray, seeing exactly where Hamilton's McLaren is.

Currently in RF2 the front car is spreading a smoke which covers the whole the track width and more, making impossible to drive. Not to mention that Clios with their thin tires shouldn't produce that spray even more the wheels being covered by car body.

I'm not complaining, I really like RF2 but the raining visual effects are very primitive at this stage and should improve... look at GT5 video above. It's not necessary that quality, but what about something barely close?

8. Axly

Axly Registered

"we will not see changes", "hope will end", "depressing", "collapsing plans"... oh my you're cheerful.

Now, if you have decided that nothing will change no matter what we do, why keep on posting it over and over and over again? We all know what your standpoints are and I for one would be quite happy if you stop telling me that "everything sucks and it will keep on sucking until the end of days", and perhaps join the many of us who see flaws and point them out so it can be changed...

Posting comparisons is a good way of saying "hey, this doesn't look the same does it?". Posting screenshots of rain spray inside closed vehicles is another good way of pointing out flaws...
    Exploiting the way the fantastic idea "realroad" works and introducing a nonsens scenario just to prove a non-existing point is tiresome.

Please Dmitry, you obviously have a well functioning brain, you could be very useful in finding points to improve instead of acting like a doomsday prophet. Lighten up and look what could be changed for the better! anyone can point out flaws, noone needs help with that.

9. Golanv

Golanv Registered

This is why other companies dont give "WIP" material for the folks to play with. They whine and whine when they didnt get anything new in the past 15 minutes, and when they do, they whine how its not good enough.

It was clearly stated that:
    Report the bugs, come up with constructive suggestions, stop acting like something was taken from you and anything beyond that, just Shut Up!

Thanks ISI for the new build.

10. Paddler

Paddler Registered

With the 60's cars I see flatspots. i did not before latest build.

11. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Yep, what's the deal with visible tyre wear? It went missing with build 156 with no reason why. A little info would be nice.

12. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

reinstall rFactor2. I had the exact same problem. Now everything is in order.

13. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

14. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I just wanted to advise. To point out that that. The fact that in my opinion is not working properly.
    Well, I'll keep quiet.

15. Hepmi

Hepmi Registered

Where can i find on HUD icon DRS?

16. MrPinkDrifter

MrPinkDrifter Registered

well, not the same with devmode tho. still missing.
    but it fixed my broken showroom tho.. x)

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

The up & coming updated old content I think will save the day for me
    ( hopefully is coming fairly quickly)

The screenshot Tim posted of updated historic Monaco looked nice, hopefully lots of other updated stuff too is close

Rain effects etc can continue to be updated untill it's at an acceptable level, least its enabled again

Replay system/sound system
    Maybe coming soon too

Nows a good time for me to take a small break from rf2 I think

Being involved in a beta can be a tad frustrating sometimes

18. Favio

Favio Registered

Yes, but with no rain...

19. tjc

tjc Registered

I have to agree Golanv... it`s pretty sad really, ISI work hard to get stuff to us because the vast majority complain about no new content or builds and when they do give us some new content or tech to try, and make it quite clear that it`s WIP so it will have bugs and needs much more work done to it and time spent on it, all they get is moaned at again because it`s not perfect first time.

I actually read a post on the day that b198 was released saying how disappointed this person was with b198 and that he couldn`t wait for the next build!!!

That sums it up for me...

Sad.

20. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Why is that sad? When I do offline races I always race in the wet with either the 370Z or Clio, that's done till the next build now.

And I believe you have low visibility, driving with a grey screen is impossible