MultiView and Performance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duarte Pires, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Duarte Pires

Duarte Pires Registered

Hi there guys,

I've recently noticed that if I turn off Multiview I can play rFactor2 with HDR and everything very nice and sharp.. but of course I lose the FOV I should have

Does ISI know that's something wrong here? They need to get the performance right on the multiview.. Its just impossible..

NO MULTIVIEW = GREAT FPS GREAT GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY
    MULTIVIEW = IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY HAVE TO PUT EVERYTHING LOW.. AND EVEN THEN... PROBLEMS

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Keep it off dudie

I think things looks better with it off too, especially if yr fairly close to your centre screen

Set your fov correctly

The slight stretching on the outer side screens give you more if a perception of speed too

More fps as well

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Multiview has the game set 3 individual separate viewpoints so that the image is almost absolutely perfect with no stretching or distortion (as long as you have your monitor angle and distance to you set up properly), but it's also much harder on the system (performance wise), you can check this in RFactor 1, or other games that use a multi-view like feature. Without multi-view it's just one big view as if you had one big monitor, but this causes stretching and severe distortion, however if you use a low FOV this stretching and distortion can be minimized nicely, however you can see quite a bit less of the sides of you with multi-view off, using the same same FOV, than you can with multi-view on.

Having said that, there might be some multi-view optimization problems currently, I'm not sure, but I know that in general, for any game, it uses quite a bit more power that just one large fov.

4. SteveGee

SteveGee Registered

I gained about 20-25FPS on the average with Multiview off, never thought about turning it off until seeing this thread and the FPS gain. I was seriously thinking something was wrong with my system when pCARS and AC was turning much greater FPS than rF2 was on the comparable settings.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Some people like multi view

To much fps waste !

6. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

AC seems to be able to do it somehow with close to naught performance loss as far as I can tell

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

It's simply down to how much there s going up on the screens, multi view covers more area (outer sides not stretched)

If AC has very little fps loss then there mst be something else being toned back a tad to compensate etc

8. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

YEAP.... other sims deal pretty well with triple screen setups... AC definitely offers a very nice way option to setup your 3*screen... all in-game settings!!!

but that is, of course, no valid argument......over here

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  9. coops

coops Banned

(multiview) don't use it didn't like the fps loss, to have to drop other settings was not worth it to me.

10. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I got to have multiview, keeps everything in proportion. I can barely stomach games that don't give that option. Seeing things skewed in the side monitors is just to disturbing for me.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

dont forget you're getting good performance in AC because its just One car on One track with some features turned off, so I would'nt compare the two until v1.0 comes out personally.

12. Duvel

Duvel Registered

:confused: ridiculous.

13. Duarte Pires

Duarte Pires Registered

Without multiview I lose my side view, so I dont really know what cars are on my side..

Its just like night and day with multiview and fps..

I have iRacing with multiview and its no problem perfomance wise.. so I guess somethings wrong here

14. Hugo Gonçalves

Hugo Gonçalves Registered

agree Duvel, without MV in clio i have a monster right mirror in my right monitor its so bad...

i can only play with MV on, but i have to put FOV 30 to hit all 3 monitor and with that FOV my position is very close to glass,and i push back all the seat but the game limit to -250 i think e need like -500 but i cant ;/

15. Thiago Lima

Thiago Lima Registered

Its a shame that we have too switch off Multuview after seeing how its done at Asseto Corsa.

I saw...and i was like...WOW!

16. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

With multiview off, if I flatten my 3 monitors (angle 0 or 180) the image looks correct, but I do loose some side vision with the same fov. This is unfortunate as you loose immersion. I can't have the side screens angled in without MV as the GIANT front tires drives me nuts:)

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I don't get giant front tires

My centre screen is about 33" from my eyes, so my fov is set accordingly ,
    The tires usually end up 1 on each outer side of centre bezals

If your resolution aspect is good (mine 900x4419) & fov good then you will not have this problem

18. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

or you could go for option 3 :) Multiview off and headtracking

19. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

Option 4.... Oculus rift:)

Sent from my SGH-I717M using Tapatalk 2

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

What about your real life wheel, buttons, shifter, etc