[REL] rFactor2 Weather Tool

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Mar 30, 2013.

1. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

I need this sorted by tomorrow so i need help and quick

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You always do. Then you disappear without saying if the help worked or not, then pop up with another question.

Sorry for complete OT.

3. hamiltonfan2205

Its alright. Found it. Dunno why at the start it says its in 'Civil' when u c the coordinates when u click 'Astro'

4. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Hello,
    New version to fix an issue with the static tool (the historical data collected by the new "weather underground" provider was incorrect when the month or the day was lower than 10 -> forgot to encoded in 2 characters)

v2.4.1.0 available
    New version 2.4.1.0 available (just the file "rFactor2WorldWeather.exe" has changed)

Thank you

5. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

Thanks, Gerald!

6. Rafa Souza

Rafa Souza Registered

Hello Gerald , first thank you for your very useful tool for us all. Here the problem continues , even in its new version , the image I'm sending you can realize that I theoretically asked the same information (with time difference ) but only in the Qualy was applied correctly. Other information : If I leave 1h race long and seek temperature until 12:59 the program retrieves the information correctly, from 13:00 he gets this wrong information.
    http://i.imgur.com/SHrWoN1.jpg?1

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2016
  7. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Would you provide the full date you used for Shanghai. Your jpg cuts off the year, and I'l like to see what it shows on the WeatherUnderground website. Oops, nevermind, it's in the box on the right.

8. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

If you look this up on weatherunderground.com under their History tab, you'll see that for Mar 7, 2016 the conditions for the track between 1230 and 1630 are "Unknown." I wrote a python script, and it also shows this:
    Time: 1100 Partly Cloudy
    Time: 1130 Haze
    Time: 1200 Haze
    Time: 1230 Unknown
    Time: 1300 Unknown
    Time: 1330 Unknown
    Time: 1400 Unknown
    Time: 1430 Unknown
    Time: 1500 Unknown
    Time: 1530 Unknown
    Time: 1600 Unknown
    Time: 1630 Unknown

Here's the WU link: http://www.wunderground.com/history...reqdb.zip=00000&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=58362

Gerald's script probably doesn't take into account an "Unknown" condition report.

9. SupermightyZ

SupermightyZ Registered

Great tool! ;)

10. Matti1291

Matti1291 Registered

11. Matti1291

Matti1291 Registered

Solved, I set wrong lat/long.

Thanks

12. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I've found this website invaluable for F1 information for RF2 http://www.statsf1.com/en/circuits.aspx . If you click on the circuit, it will take you to a webpage for that circuit. From there, you can click on a google maps button and it takes you to a map of the track. The lat/long for the track is included in the URL. For example, the google map url for Shanghai is www.google.com/maps/@31.341322,121.21911,5111m/data=!3m1!1e3 and the lat/long is the 31.341322,121.21911. Of course, this is only for F1 tracks.

13. hamiltonfan2205

I have a question.

Say if I collect weather before a practice session and save it, start an online practice session, and then before the end of the practice session I recollect the weather and save it, when you skip to qualifying, would it use the original collected weather from before the practice session or would it use the weather collected at the end of the practice session?

14. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I'm not an expert on this, but this is what I believe. I believe the wet file is loaded each time you load the track. So if you completely exit the session and then restart it, it will reload the wet file. However, the weather tool also writes the PQR start times in the player.JSON file, and I believe that only gets read when RF2 is launched.

15. ricardoferreira

ricardoferreira Registered

Hi guys,

Iam using user in weather mode.

Can I have more info about:

userRainingIntensity00
    userRainingIntensity01
    userRainingIntensity02
    userRainingIntensity10
    userRainingIntensity11
    userRainingIntensity12
    userRainingIntensity20
    userRainingIntensity21
    userRainingIntensity22

1. What i can do if I want a race start with wet and finish with dry?

2. How I can have the weather map ?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2016
  16. Matti1291

Matti1291 Registered

Thank you :D

17. ricardoferreira

ricardoferreira Registered

18. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hi !

I am trying to use the Static Wheater tool, but when I launch the rFactor2WorldWeather.exe, I got an error: XML parsing error
    Hesadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 40, position 41.

Thanks for your help

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I use the realtime weather and have several servers running on different ports, but I am seem unable to set different weather grabbing schedules? The start scheduler just seems to stay the same for both servers.

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I may have asked this but is it possible to have a weather delay.

What I mean is...

Let's say our race starts at 8 pm, but in real life at the location the local time is 4 pm... but you want what the weather was like at 1 pm, so a delay of 7 hours.

Perhaps a setting (instead of manually recording the weather) to have "local time in the past".

In future there may be an evening race at a UK venue at 8 pm UK time, but you want what the weather was like at 1 pm onwards that day.

Am I making sense?

========

Also, I found a little bug in the realtime weather app... I wasn't able to schedule two servers to record weather, even if I set my retrieval interval to be double the requested amount. The calendars both resort to the last time set. Is it possible to have the record and schedule in the same section? Once it has stopped recording then it will start the scheduler when specified? Error checking that you can't record more hours than there are from retrieval to when the playback starts.