[REL] rFactor2 Weather Tool

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Greenkia

Greenkia Registered

sent you mp

regards

2. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

We have tried to put the * .gdb on PC1 to see the error reporting is to route PC1 player.json but neither works.

regards

3. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Ok i will look this week-end to update the tool to allow the work around.

4. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

Gerald thank you very much , I appreciate your dedication, I will be waiting your instructions .

regards

5. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

Hi gerald doing tests I followed trying to reproduce the error that the server but 2 computers ( mine and a friend) , and we managed to reproduce the same mistake that gives us the dedicated server .

The problem is in the installation path pc1 , if you install the rFactor2 in its original route or in c: \ rFactor2 , it works correctly and does not fail , but if rFactor2 installed in c: \ files \ test \ 223 \ rFactor2 then reproduced the same error about not finding the plr file or json in the path c: \ files \ test \ 223 \ rFactor2 \ userdata \ player

I hope that these guidelines will make it easier to find the solution.

regards

6. Gerald Jacobson

Why it does not found? Where is your userdata/player directory

Or it means that you have not rf2 installed in at the same place on pc1 and pc2.

If it is due to installation difference in pc1 and pc2 it is normal as it take the path of pc who run rf2 dedicated server.

The woekaround i want to implement will work even if rf2 is not install on the pc who run wheather server exe.

7. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

the route of player is this
    c:\files\test\223\rFactor2\userdata\player

however if I install rFactor2 in c:\program files\rFactor2 or c:\ rFactor2 not give that error.

regards

8. Gerald Jacobson

Don't understand why the file is not found if you really have it at the path displayed in the weather server.exe

9. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

jejejeje I think so , but I do not understand is what happens:)

I'll make another installation in the default path and see if it gives the error also in a while posting the result

regards

10. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

yes yes yes yes lol and we did it , there was a problem with the route, is now ok in "running " without any error message, but we have another problem :)

The time shows the weatherserver.exe does not apply in the server, "last call " appears 20 degrees and cloudy but the server is 23 and sunny , everything else matches the server , practice 1 session time etc but the weather conditions do not apply. : ( (

regards

11. Gerald Jacobson

Where do you check the 23 and sunny condition.?

To check the communication from weather server to rf2 dedicated server, do the following:
    Have a human player driving on the track and put 100 of rain% in the nine squres using the "User" weather mode instead of realtime and click the send button to see if it rain on track after a number of second equals to your "smoothing weather change" value.

12. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

I see the conditions checked in trackmap plugin.
    I followed the instructions you said to me , I put the "User " mode and I put 100 % in each of the nine squares. Then I click the send button and I have put a smoothing of 10 seconds but no change.

regards

13. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Edit.. Sorry wrong topic

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
  14. Gerald Jacobson

As soon as i retrieve my internet connexion at home, i will upload a new version (to see to which Address the weather server use to send UDP command to the plugin). May be this debug info will give you a clue of what happen.

15. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

Gerald ok thank you very much for the support, I will be careful to test the new version and comment .

greetings

16. Greenkia

Greenkia Registered

good afternoon , is the same problem that happens to me . The other day I sent a photo by mp showing not updated. Thank you very much for the support.

Best regards

17. Greenkia

Greenkia Registered

Hi gerard, checked the permissions on folders and files , but still have full control without the dedicated update .
    I know that I can not look .
    From now until I find the solution to test the application Static_HMI .
    I followed all instructions one by one and have some doubts :
    1. I seek the location of the circuit on the route http://uk.weather.com/weather/today/Silverstone+NTH+United+Kingdom+UKXX1916:1:UK
    Static_HMI I put in Silverstone and I want to look for the forecast period of July 5 .
    The application seeks only 3 days ( July 01 , July 02 and July 03 ) on the website of uk.weather.com .
    The 7timer.com search does not work, as I put another search prodrĂ­a type wuweather ?

regards

18. Greenkia

Greenkia Registered

Good afternoon , I went back to check the permissions on folders and files and all have total control. I know that I can not look .

For now I will try the Static HMI but have some doubts :

I followed the steps one by one from their hand and when I want to make a collect of weather conditions Silverstone application is done only 3 days.
    I am looking at Silverstone and get http://uk.weather.com code : UKXX1916
    http://uk.weather.com/weather/today/Silverstone+NTH+United+Kingdom+UKXX1916:1:UK
    I put it in the WeatherConfig , press the button to collect weather and seeks silverstone time yesterday , today and tomorrow ( July 01 , July 02 and July 03 ) but I 've since looked for my the forecast period from July 05 .
    The other option would make the collect weather with 7timer but not working . It can be edited to have another method of the type forecast wuweather search ?

Regards

19. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

Hi gerald , any news about the update?

greetings

20. Gerald Jacobson

Just retrieved my connexion ;)

New Version : WeatherServer.exe v2.4.0 & WheatherControlPluginxxx.dll v2.4.1

- Fix an issue in the plugin preventing to receive UDP command from a remote PC
    - Just few additional info in Weather Server.exe UI (used to find the issue in plugin)

Hope this time it will work remotely for you two.