[REL] rFactor2 Weather Tool

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

clear what I mean , I want to use the real time and the remote desktop server we have not only a control panel to manage the server rFactor2 , ts ...

so what I want to know is how do the people who use it on servers

Regards

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

When you say control panel, what do you mean? What can\can't it do?

All the realtime server requires is files copied into the right place, and the server app to run in the background. Sometimes it needs adjustment on the app if setting tweaks are needed. Not sure how that can be done without looking at the app itself.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

I think you need to run the dedicated server in a remote desktop session or in your own computer because you need to run an exe.

Enviado desde mi E2003 mediante Tapatalk

4. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Hello, and sorry for the reply delay.

The Weather Server can run on any Windows computer
    The rF2 Server can run on another computer

The weather server listen for incomming UDP trame on the port defined in the "WeatherServer.ini" file. Example:
    Code:
    [SERVER]
    Port=666
    This example means that the Weather server waiting for identification frame coming from any number of rF2 WeatherControlplugin to the UDP port 666 (on the PC where the weather server is running)

Now you need to configure your rF2 WeatherControlPlugin (via "WeatherControlPlugin.ini") to tell him where is the WeatherServer (IP and Port) and on which port the plugin will receive incoming weather command. Example
    Code:
    [Plugin]
    Port=12345

[Server]
    Address=localhost
    Port=666
    This mean that the WeatherServer is located on the same PC than rF2 server and listen for identification frame on port 666 (in your case you need to change at least "localhost" to set your PC address)
    The port 12345 is the port listening by the plugin to receive command from the weather Server.

If all is set correctly this should work if and only if, there is no infrastructure configuration that prevent those two component to exchange UDP frame on given Ports (like a firewall, a proxy, etc...)

5. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I have a name "Rain percentage of original value"

Any comments on that?

6. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Wut does temperature offset means?

7. Gerald Jacobson

It allow you to add a fixed value to the collected temperature

@Mc_Flex: i need to look back to the raw data to see if i can do something.

8. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Has anyone got a text file with all the ISI tracks done for the static weather tool please.?

Dan

9. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

Hello Gerald , thank you very much for your comments . I followed your instructions and I've almost got the weatherserver is set to " running",but I get error do not find the player.json .
    I read in this thread multiple users with the same problem but I could not find a solution to this problem in the thread.
    Grateful if you can indicate more or less where looking at the problem .

Thank you very much to all for your help and greetings .

10. msportdan

msportdan Banned

if someone who has all the ISI tracks done in the static weather app, could just paste their ini file here I would be much appreciated thanks. Dan :)

11. Greenkia

Greenkia Registered

good morning , I 'm testing your application between two computers ( PC1 and PC2) . In the Pc1 I put the rFactor2 dedicated , copy the dll and ini pointing to PC2 .
    PC2 copy weatherserver.exe , weatherserver.ini within the .ini I put rFactor2 core route , the path to save the GDB and wuweather API .
    Everything works fine unless I not change the weather conditions in the Pc1 .
    I looked .wet permissions and player.JSON and unchecked the read-only and are in total control.
    Could someone help me ?

Regards

12. Gerald Jacobson

Wheather server / rf2 plugin does not update wet or player.JSON (it is only the Static tool who update files - and need to be launched on the machine having rF2 installation)

Did you see the plugin line in the wheatherServer console ? have you error message on the UI ? etc...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2015
  13. Gerald Jacobson

Can you confirm that you are configured to find the location of the track automatically (latitude/longitude). If yes, and if you don't have the GDB file already extracted on PC2, then the tool need to extract the MAS files to find the GDB. And to find the Mas file it need to read the player.JSON, But thoses files are on the other PC, so it cannot work.

Unfortuantly while lat/long are not provided by rF2 to the plugin, the need of GDB stay mandatory, and i don't want to move the MAS extract feature inside the plugin.

To workaround the issue, you can :
    1) set the lat/long manually
    2) or extract manually the GDB file in the extractpath of your PC2, so it will not try to read Player.JSON etc... (if my memory is good)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2015
  14. Greenkia

Greenkia Registered

Yep, and the application is running without warning messages. The API works well and makes the weather conditions but does not act on the server.

regards

15. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

gerald thanks , I put a photo of weatherserver and the error resulting .
    as you can see this in "running " so there is communication between the server and the PC that is running the server weather

thanks and regards

View attachment 17143

16. Gerald Jacobson

I have edited my response while you have posted. Please re read the previous post, and i think you will be able to workaround the issue.

17. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

ok let's try to see if it works.
    I understand that the server is dedicated PC1 and PC2 rFactor2 is the team where I run the weatherserver.exe is ok ?

greetings .

18. Gerald Jacobson

Yes.
    PC1 = rFactor2 Game server
    PC2 = Weather sever executable

19. Gerald Jacobson

Could you please provide me the two ini files (weatherserver.ini and WeatherConfigPlugin.ini)

In all case, check that there is no rule to block communication between PC2 -> PC1 and the port used for the plugin is not already used.

20. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

While we have tested but still not working.
    In the pc2 is the *gdb and * .aiw in the path defined in the ini C: \ rFactor2 \ realtimserver \ circuits

PC1 is a dedicated server is the DLL32 in bin32 \ plugin and dll64 in bin64 \ plugin and weathercontrolplugin.ini in the userdata folder \ player

I do not understand very well is that if the * .gdb has to be extracted at PC2 , when I get the error weatherserver.exe the path shown in red is the path of PC1?

It is clear that there is communication between the two because it is set to " running" , have tried to force the latitude and longitude but the result is the same.

Greetings and I hope I explained well