[REL] rFactor2 Weather Tool

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Understood. In this case in need to find if other forecast website exists with a better accuracy for short period. (Creating a new provider)

Envoyé de mon GT-N7105 en utilisant Tapatalk

2. R-B

R-B Registered

Indeed!

But the one that you are using for historic (uk.weather), has also some forecast. Can you implement that one also? That is in periods of 1h and even sometimes 15 minutes!

http://uk.weather.com/weather/hourByHour-UKXX0085:1:UK

3. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

Your tool is really great Gerald. Thank you very much for sharing your work.
    I hope that in the future there will be a tool or a plugin that will update the weather in real time, just like in flight simulators such as FSX or X-Plane, or at least a tool that will automatically connect to a forecast website at the beginning of a session and download the data for this session.
    Because if you have a server that only starts when a player connects, you cannot predict the weather with Gerald's tool.

Encore merci pour ton travail Gerald :)

4. Gerald Jacobson

I hope too. Until now, the weather data is read by rF2 at the start of the process only :(

5. Gerald Jacobson

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

7. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Thanks for the continuing work :)

8. KAMPFBIBER81

KAMPFBIBER81 Registered

Thx Gerald, brilliant tool. We are currently doing some tests to see if we can use the tool for our league.

9. Gerald Jacobson

And i'm open, if you see update or addition for the tool.

10. Miro

Miro Registered

Thank you!

11. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Gerald many thanks fantastic tool ! :)

12. R-B

R-B Registered

Gerald, amazing! Thnx!

1h is a lot better then 3h!

13. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Fore sure the tool is great for racing leagues. I assume that you read the ambient temperature values from the provider as well?!

The Issue I see is that the sim-racing leagues will have a different calendar then the real world racing or you are at least in a different time-zone. Thus - if realtime data is used - you might get temperatures below zero ;-)

Did you ever think about adding a feature which allows to set offset values ( e.g. +10 degrees Kelvin on ambient temperature) thus leagues could have summer simulated in Winter and still can use realtime information?

Sent with Tapatalk

14. Gerald Jacobson

I don't really understand, as you can define the date and time range and the geographical location to retreive the weather conditions.

You think is usefull to add an offset to the temperature even if you can specify date and location to retreive weather data?

15. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

That's right in case you want to use historical weather data. Then you can set the date and time according to the race season. But what if you are going to use real-time data? Then for the Austrian GP in Spielberg you would currently have a temperature of approximatly -5 to +2 degrees Celsius.

EDIT: Same is true if you do the sim-race on the same day like real F1 but not in the afternoon - the temperature will be significantly lower at night.

Yes - if realtime weather information is supposed to be used. No if historical weather data is used.

Sent with Tapatalk

16. R-B

R-B Registered

The tool gives an error with forecast from The Weather Channel (Silverstone, parameter: UKXX1916)

ERROR:
    bij System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
    bij System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
    bij System.Int32.Parse(String s)
    bij rFactor2WorldWeather.Providers.TheWeatherChanelProvider.CollectForecast(Int32 pct, List`1 datas, DateTime endParsingDate, Byte[] buf, StringBuilder sb, WeatherData lastWeatherDataForNA)
    bij rFactor2WorldWeather.Providers.TheWeatherChanelProvider.Collect(DateTime start, Int64 durationMinute, Int32 startPercentage, Int32 sizePercentage)
    No data retreive!

17. Gerald Jacobson

18. R-B

R-B Registered

Awesome Gerald!

You even managed to get some 15 min forecast from weather channel! Cool!

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Finally got around to properly trying this out, great work Gerald many thanks for creating it.

One Wish item though, a Random Weather button! Could you possibly find a way of gathering any Weather data (i.e. random date from Historical data) and keeping it "hidden" from the main screen so that when racing against the AI then even I have no idea!
    Only downside is that currently all the information is displayed on screen so it's kinda hard to not see what the weather holds for each session, thanks if you can if not dont worry :)

20. Gerald Jacobson

Hello, MarcG.
    v1.1.4.0 available (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15864065/rFactor2WorldWeather.zip)

I have added a "Hide data collected" checkbox but you still need to specify yourself the date and duration of each session. Tell me if it is enough (as normally no one remember weather in past :)) or if i really need to add a random period algorhytm.

Thank you