Clio and malaysia updated on fb

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PRC Steve, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Tire degeneration is a new feature which was available with one of the latest patches, but not all cars did support that new stuff yet. The new releases of the component will also update the vehicle physics to the latest specs, thats why you can feel it just now. Visual tire wear should also be back with one of the next builds. Enjoy driving carefully ;-)

2. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

It would have been very ISI to avoid all this confusion .... why ISI not had released a VMOD with new Clio Cup in Malaysia V1.42.
    Now hundreds of users will register an own VMOD, only for testing purpuse.
    WHAT a waste of time and resources!!!

3. Max

Max Registered

yeah thought so too, but what do I know, lol

4. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

People would create vmods to use the clio on other tracks anyway. Thats something you can't do right if you were ISI ;).
    We all should happy about content beeing improved over and over again.

5. David Macguyver Brady

David Macguyver Brady Registered

not sure why everyone's having so many problems, i downloaded to packages, clicked install and picked the car on the spinner and i'm off an racing.

The handling has been improved immensely, however maybe improved too much i don't know??? as i tried on every corner to get the ass out for over steer and it would not budge i even tried down the main straight and flicked it back and forth across the track... nothing!!

It's easier to drive but is it realistic?

6. David Macguyver Brady

bit more testing, lift off O/S is still there, managed to get it to swing around on a tight corner, no throttle.
    down the main straight i could not get it to swing when any throttle is applied, remove throttle and bam it will spin easily.

I like it, but can someone with more experience share their view on these characteristics?

7. stavka

stavka Registered

Hi,

I have all (and only these ones) mods and components, that exist in rf2 offical site (download section) installed. But have a strange problem, when i select "all cars and tracks" when i go to cars selection about clio i have something like this:
    -Cup Clio 1.0
    Cup Clio # 12
    Cup Clio # 12
    Cup Clio # 13
    Cup Clio # 13
    Cup Clio # 14
    Cup Clio # 14

I have all clio's duplicated, this happens after install the 1.41 clio. Its not correct and worst, i not know which one of the duplication corresponds to 1.41 or 1.0. I hope soon it will be fixed with a update.

I'm the only one with this problem?

Regards

Tércio

8. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I think the physics may have some effect on this but I think the main issue is the AI are pretty dumb lol. In real life if you get a car that can roll over quite easily and get the inside wheels in the air you will steer away from the corner to set the wheels back on the ground avoid rolling it or at least straighten and get of the gas. The same with real drivers of the sim car its quite easy to avoid rolling it over, however the AI being the stupid coded drivers they are dont get this ;). They cut corners too hard and keep the same lock on the wheel when it gets light on the inside and keep the gas on it this causes it to roll over very easily.

If you look on yt for amateur rally drivers in small cars you will see they do roll over at very low speeds quite a bit for similar reasons to what the AI do. The phsyics arent perfect either but the AI generally has lots of trouble with high grip cars hitting inside curbs or even just turning too tight at some places.

Here is a mini race rollover, most drivers know this is what happens if you hit the curb at speed so will avoid it. The AI would just all hit the same spot all day long because they are stupid lol.

More two wheel mini's.

Here is an example of a genius driving a road car, cant imagine the AI doing this. It shows how easy he can get this awkward car on 2 wheels and then balance it, a high grip small car would likely get on 2 wheels even easier. Maybe the physics in the game he is playing is just all wrong lol.

Thanks for the Update ISI, it will be good once we get each car and track updated and in their own downloads so we can avoid the tracks and cars combined package mess.

9. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Not sure I understand you. You're saying you only get lift off oversteer.....when you lift off? Sounds normal :)

10. David Macguyver Brady

haha not sure i understand myself lol... I just know in the previous build of the clio it had a lot of oversteer, even when trying to heat the tyres on a warm up lap it was quite easy to put it into the wall if you weren't careful.

Now, as long as there is throttle it won't oversteer.

11. yifter

yifter Registered

Thanks for the easteregg ISI, much appreciated!

12. David Macguyver Brady

hmm well thats weird i changed tracks to mid ohio and it went back to being its crazy self and the ffb felt very loose.
    On Malaysia 1.2 The FFB was very weighted and felt great (ffb reset didn't change anything).

1 lap in on malaysia and i had used half of my tyres up already.

must be a track issue?

13. martymoose

martymoose Registered

After going back to the Clio I remembered why I avoided them. The tyre smoke is so bad that its almost undrivable with AI on a nice clear day all I can see is all their tyre smoke from braking and cornering, I hope this is on the to do list soon as its probably one of the most annoying aspects of RF2 atm. A small wheel slip shouldn't produce a bush fire like smoke effect, maybe a very subtle hint of smoke if any but this needs to be looked at for sure I think.

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

martymoose, +1, smoke hinders so much, in our league we race with special effects to Off, because of it :(

15. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

+1 here too... smoke still being weird. In my league most of us have to change special effects to "off" because the imposibility to see at race starts or being near front car like Nibo's. Every small slide even in small understeers, welcome smoke bomb to your face! although do not block the tires It appears and causes accidents and unnecessary complications.

And talking about car, still being nice to drive :eek:

16. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

same here

17. ifrans

ifrans Registered

18. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Had she a crash in the new Clio ???

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  19. johnnyw

johnnyw Registered

hmm cant seem to get that new sepang to work, installed it but it dont show up ingame even at "all cars & tracks"

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Should really read these threads before posting :p

There have been two suggestions:

1) Uninstall all the content that uses Malaysia 1.2 before installing new clios and Malaysia.

2) just install the new content without uninstalling anything and create a vmod with the new content (some vmods posted already in this thread). Use that vmod to choose the new content.