[REL] T5 series 2012/13 V2 by UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DA

DA Registered

Hey URD. :) When you plan release URD T5 2014? :) I'm also wait SuperGT 2014. :)

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

No dates sofar, sorry.

3. szekto

szekto Registered

Little OFF...

...but do you plan a BTCC pack as well? :D

4. UnitedRacingDesign

Sofar no, probably we wont eather as our current projects will take some time allready. :)

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere on the prior 46 pages (!!!), but has anyone done comparisons of lap times with the real versions of these cars (on tracks they use)? Just interested in how close they are versus tweaked a bit to be more user-friendly? Not decimal point precision--just approximately +/- 5% estimate is good enough for me.

Thanks in advance if this is known or tested.

6. Arandor

Arandor Registered

Earlier I've tested on Hockenheimring, it's a good reference since it seems pretty accurately modelled track.
    I'm sure the cars can be handled a bit easier than IRL but dispite this it's pretty hard to achieve a good laptime. Plus, the laptimes seems correct.

My results:
    IRL : 1:32.272 - Adrien Tambay - Audi RS 5 DTM (2013)
    SIM: 1:32.929 - Csaba Egyed (me) - Aura T5 2013 1.51(using DRS in all possible places)

But I'm not the best simracer, I think for a very talented guy can do a 1-2 sec better laptime than mine.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks, Arandor! Exactly the type of reference I was looking for. Hopefully others will chime-in, too. I will go try Hockenheim myself when I get a chance and see what I can do.

8. shiet

shiet Registered

Could somebody help me with the Venom? That's my favourite car but in races I "have to" drive the Darche because in the Venom I'm always 1,5-2 secs slower even if I make a setup for both cars which has the same top speed.
    Thanx.

9. UnitedRacingDesign

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11597-EnduranceRacingX-by-URD-Update-May/page227 should be here ;)

I need to adjust the cars slightly but it might be that the rear engine fits you better in driving style than those front heavy us cars.

10. shiet

shiet Registered

11. emha76

emha76 Registered

Great mod, thanks URD.
    I have a question - is there a way to disable DRS? For me AI spamming DRS all the time ruining experience.

12. canastos

canastos Registered

I'm afraid DRS is track related, but you will get best experience in race sessions, when DRS can only be used if into gap from car behind, and only at certain zones, well, at less when time thresold is defined for the track (and it is for a good bunch ot them)

byyyyyyye

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Backup and remove your player.json and try again

14. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Replaced my mobo and due to a faulty RAM stick I am down to 4GB of memory rather than 8GB. Now when I try and load the T5 cars I get an error re: not enough Bones to draw Wipers (or very close to that). Any ideas? I had details reduced to Medium for my car and other cars......

Thanks

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Try reducing the number of visible AI to 14ish

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yeah, 4 GB could be too little. I tried Spa and T5 and my System is using 3.85 GB RAM (with mid range graphics settings). If you are running 2-3 Programs in the background too, maybe there is not enough memory left...

17. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Thanks for the advice gents. Much appreciated. I went back in to try things and it was strange that I had a EGT car selected but was getting a T5 car error - hadn't noticed previously. I re-selected the car and was able to load with just the 4GB of memory. I have since put my older, slower memory in temporarily to get back to 8GB until I get my defective parts replaced.

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Did you remove the broken memory stick and left the second stick where id was?

19. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Yes. And I later pulled the one newer stick and put in my older, slower RAM and things work as well. I am debating putting all four in (two new and two old) for 16GB of RAM when the replacements arrive even though they are different speeds. My sense right now is the speed of the RAM isn't much of an issue.

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Mix up different speeds isn`t a good idea...