[REL] T5 series 2012/13 V2 by UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hi Ales,
    I bought your two mods and enjoy them a lot.
    The T5 series has improved a lot with the last update, much more immersive, I ran great races against AI with the new 770 build. I like the different physics from both series which are clearly felt.

I would recommend those cars to everyone.

2. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Update to physics and sound is great IMHO. Awesome work guys.
    One minor issue I have is that the cockpit is missing in the garage for the M car. Anyone else have this? Minor but hope it is corrected. Thanks again to Ales and the URD team

3. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Ales (or anyone else that knows the answers), if this has been covered sorry I missed it.

I am trying to create a skin with the T-5 templates, they are all organized differently. I started with the Bayro which has a layer "Color". When I apply a color to it nothing changes.

On the Aura there is no clearly labeled color layer.

The Maures has a Layer 42 for the color?

Sorry if this is a n00b question.

4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hi Voltaic

I haven't tried skinning with those templates, but in some cases instead of a plain color, Aless has used Color Superpositions and Color Gradation (aproximative translation from spanish). Just click on the layer in the channel dialog box, and in the Styles you'll see those options appearing, click on those options and edit the color. I hope my explanations are clear enough for you.

5. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hello Lgel

I know what you are saying, only when editing the "Color" fx layer there is no color specific option. Each of the 3 car skins is set up differently for some reason. Have you opened these files?

Thank you!

6. DomiTalent

DomiTalent Registered

I watched the videos and I clearly have to say that you spin is just because you drove to aggressive in these corners.
    As in Video 2 you just braked too late.
    Seems like your rear is a bit too light, try to adjust your setup.
    If it rehappens, I can send you a setup.

PS: By the way Ales, I really love the new sounds <3

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I downoladed the template for the Bayro T5 and made a red skin without any problem. I clicked on styles, efects, and changed the color by clicking an the rectangle indicating the color of Superposition of colors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3zum8relh8grg6/BayroT5_XX.dds

I made a video for you. I hesitate at the beginning but if you wait you'll see how it was done.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddn078xwwthmvms/Desktop 07.08.2014 - 19.28.37.08.mp4

Cheers

8. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Lgel, you are too kind to take the time to make the video!

Interestingly, I am using Photoshop Elements 9 on a Mac, I don't seem to have the same options unfortunately :(

Thank you for the help!

9. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I'm not a DTM expert, but I like the series a lot.
    1- The camber of the track introduces oversteer on throttle. You have to countersteer and aim for the outside in any car there.
    2- Braking too early and trying to carry too much speed. Brake late and hard, point the car and go.
    3- That kerb upsets the car a lot and you have to accelerate while turning. You always need to let the car be planted before you touch the pedal.

Nothing too special here, I would expect the same in real life or in DTM Experience. They're very peculiar cars, for sure.

10. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hi Voltaic,

Then it is very easy, delete or make invisible this layer and create a new one that you fill with the color you want.

Cheers.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks for comments.

Already got it much better by lowering throttle sensitivity and tweaking some setups. Only 1 spin in Mid-Ohio 55 min race.

The problem is that I don't always feel when I'm on full throttle (T500 default pedals).

12. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Thanks, that works!

13. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Yes, they are very underpowered for the downforce and the tech, and they're quite on/off like F1.

14. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i have the audi demo & have gone ahead and ordered the pack (havent gotten it yet ofc), mostly since i saw its been updated & partly because i finally caved & got DTM experience & figured itd be interesting to have the same cars from a different perspective in a diff. engine. i havent driven much but one thing i noticed very quickly with ales' audi is that it felt like it topped out too quickly (or just..surprsingly quickly). i dont mean i was running out of revs, but at about 150mph the car seems to pretty much peak & just starts crawling upwards after that.

in DTM-E i picked the red bull ring first but thought it seemed like better top end speed, confirmed that on hockenheimring where i easily hit 160mph on the long straight.

i realize setups etc but i havent yet checked them out enough to try to balance the setups, just used default, but it seems to ales default is pretty good & def shouldnt be so much slower on a straight as a result of that.

all in all its minor but it stood out to me initially & after comparison -- so to finally get to it, im just wondering for anyone whos watched DTM, which (talking this specific aspect) is truer to life? does just some downforce = topping out in the 150s or do they reach the 160s?

[and if theres something obvious other than rear wing that i missed/am ignorant of that would prohibit this in ales' default setup please lemme know]

15. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

The demo car is older, so keep that in mind.
    Downforce, forward traction, tires, gear ratios, driver. Then you add DRS for good measure. I get what you're saying, but once you try the 2013 cars vs DTME, it should be closer by default. Simbin is also reworking its engine right now, so maybe things will change a bit.

They don't show much telemetry, sadly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDqAQGO6uOI

16. panande

panande Registered

fixed!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  17. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I simply give up bying this through Paypal. It was without problem for EGT set, this time PP force me to create an account and to register my CB before making the deal. It first say I can proceed without creating a PP account (it say: account PP not mandatory), just by paying with my CB, and following instruction, it end by a creating account form and say it want to save my CB in the database, and cancel all when I refuse, no way. I restarted 5 times entering all my information, this simply s... Sorry guys, nothing to do with your products, I just need to flush my high frustration here...

18. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I know what you mean. Stupid Paypal.

19. tjc

tjc Registered

Hey Ales...

I just bought the T5 mod.

Looking forward to trying it later.

:)

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Just got the email, fast work, impressive, and on a Sunday too.

Thanks man. :)