Make it easier to race online, please.

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Muxi-Mux, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

This isn´t the way to go, i think.
    No wonder that so less people race online. :(

View attachment 6896

2. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

How is that a problem? You tried to join a race with content you didn't have. All those missing tracks are non-ISI content. Go get the tracks and then try again.

In rF1 you'd have been dumped from the session with a simple mismatch warning. In rF2 you're told the exact track and version (info you would never know in rF1).

3. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

You say it. I have to install tons of Tracks which i would never install because of bad quality or wathever.
    At that moment of the pic, i had the mod and the track but can´t join. Thats stupid.
    While i looking for all these Tracks, find in 10 different Forums the Downloadlink (and must register here and there), download all, install all ,got from one Track the wrong Version, looking for the right one and download and install it and go back to the Server, the Session is over and the Server empty. Great!
    Now i have the same Problem with the next Server...

4. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

I see what you're saying now, I think. You have the correct content for that one event but because of the other missing required content you can't race.

That would certainly be frustrating for people trying to join public sessions. I only race league events so I know what I need before showing up.

5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

It's a massively convoluted setup that will deter the casual online racer. It needs to change.

6. Tarj

Tarj Registered

i believe that the game will flounder in the long run if it doesn't cater for your occasional user
    isi races should not require mods to be uploaded
    if you cant have a race on at least the main provider/ or what ever? running something that is part of the current mod .....well ....................????????????????????
    the idea is to gain fans
    if you cant or wont race because you gotta upload every bloody time (say u race 1 or 2 a week or month) you will find some where u can....ixxxing or something.... i know its a dirty word...but you cant hide from it....i want to race against fellow rf racers, thats all....ON RFACTOR2:)

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

What the OP experienced is someone who wanted to run a pubby but got too ambitious. But since that is a ~ISR~ server, that is a sort-of semi-pubby league so if you want to race with them, you need to get their tracks- or race elsewhere. Adding a bunch of tracks to a rfmod is fine for a league where guys know to get certain tracks and you put all of those into the rfmod. But on a pubby it should be 1 or 2 non-ISI tracks only.

I agree that the rfmod system is not very good, but it is what we are stuck with so get used to it

8. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

Maybe it would be helpful if ISI would host some Servers with their own Content (like Simbin did some years ago in GTR/GTR²).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
  9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

With a bit of luck, when rf2 becomes gold, we will see public servers/admins learning from this and enable easier access (using less tracks) because they have seen how it effects their traffic.

Same with mods that are buggy or otherwise, they don't become popular because nobody wants it and it gets a bad reputation.
    So in time.....we might get lucky :)

10. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

"So in time.....we might get lucky :)" I'd rather see some improvements on the system itself... why should we have to rely on third parties? I expressed this already several times in this forum: rF2 needs to get a decent online system to get/remain popular(outside of the hard-core-sim racers). I would not even mind paying a monthly fee for it but the hassle with mods, empty servers etc... make me stay off-line. when I want to race online, I use another sim... I just think that they're missing a nice opportunity there.

11. coops

coops Banned

similar but not the same i asked Tim if he could get ISI to put up a server with new content when its released so there is a server available to all online players.

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I would like this changed, i would like if i see that there is ISR Clio with TOBAN there, i want to join there just because of the TOBAN, but the game wont let me because i dont have like full list of all other tracks i have no interest it, it would be great if the game did not require having all the tracks, only as long as I have the current track, so if we finish the race on the track, and i dont have the track that is next, server shoud kick me out with message: You dont have Bullpoo1.62.rfcmp...

13. DeM

DeM Registered

What you all do seem to have a common interst a in is the fact the link between Vehicles and tracks is the rubbish. Why did ISI change this from RF 1 . It does not indeed work

14. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Hm Tim explaianed it couple times, i dont trully remember the explanation but he said that at the end of the day its.. easier.. or.. better .. or ... something

15. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Just wanted to give my opinion.

I stopped Rfactor 1 because you had to be an expert to get everything working. This systems is great, I have barely knowledge of computers but this is a great system imo. If you can't join a server it tells you what you are missing, how great is that. Servers have the option to let you download the tracks etc. You don't have to change anything, click and play!! Only thing is that at the moment there are not enough people online to let you race the exact combination you want at any given moment, this will automaticly change in the future when more people go online.

Just my view on it;)