Staff and that

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason Kinchington, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Jason Kinchington

Jason Kinchington Registered

Hi all

I'm just being a little nosey really

I'm just wondering how many people work at IsI and where do u get all your moneys from

As like ea, bring games out like every other day so there turn over of cash must be great and keep the company going but with ISI it's not like that and I'm pretty sure you lot don't work for peanuts as no monkeys are making this game

And how many copies of rfactor 2 have been sold now, does anyone know that

Cheers

Keep up the great great work

2. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I don't think ISI are very likely to give that information out to be honest. But in my opinion rF2 is being sold too cheaply at the moment considering that it blows console games such as GT5 and Forza and they were 25% more expensive at release, and then to think what iRacing charges for in my opinion worse and even more convoluted software than rF2. ISI are missing a trick and I hope it doesn't impinge on their business as their software is second to none.

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

Pretty sure I've heard Tim say that rF2 isn't their main income at all...XD
    I would assume they get a lot from the racing industry sims, and licencing that kind of stuff. If top level race teams want to use their software, I bet it costs them a pretty penny.

4. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

They are small team, and probably doesnt do this just because they want to be mega rich. It's a niche market and being on top of that is a proud achievement, and they probably do some good money, but no crazy money!

Being able to do what you like for a living is something special!

5. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Say no more!

6. Miro

Miro Registered

Doesn't seem to be that big to me. Sim freaks, lol. I hope they don't mind uploading the pic.

[​IMG]

7. Minibull

Minibull Member

http://rfactor-pro.com/Home.aspx

Have a looksy through that. I have a feeling that is where a large chunk of their interest is. NASCAR, F1, LMP, Automotive Industry...I wouldn't call that niche by any means...XD
    It said somewhere that at one point, most of the F1 grid was using their software for development...course we don't know what it's worth, but I'd say it would be a bit more than the niche hardcore sim market that us gamers are in...XD

8. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

There are also other Companies, which only produce their simulators for commercial use. For an Example Cruden Simulators (see video).

Most of ther gib car manufacturers have their own simulators, but the smaller ones will most likely have to rely on companies like Cruden or ISI to simulate their cars...so i guess the market is big enough, but not mega! And btw, all companies that are directly dependant to the automotive OEMs usually have a very hard time earning some money from it.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Who`s who in here then?

I reckon I can spot two...

:p

10. Minibull

Minibull Member

For sure, all what we are doing is speculating, as it's probably a good bet we will never see any numbers or stats related to the business. Plus we don't know how far any of that stuff extends into those areas.
    It just seems like that area would pull more money than the sim gaming people. GT5/Forza has sales in the millions, wasn't GTR and GT Legends in the 100-200K area? With the time space between rF and rF2, you'd think something else would be helping them along XD

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Joe, Gjon, Terence, Jeremy, Dan, Mike and (I think, his hair was very different when I met him) Forrest, who is no longer with the company. Obviously that isn't the whole team, but that is most of those based in Ann Arbor, MI. Jonathon is missing though and he's based in Ann Arbor... Was this recently posted?

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Did you take it Tim?

13. 88mphTim

Can't give too much info, but the company does have a few different ways to make money. I handle what is effectively three different non-retail revenue streams myself based on the company products... Some streams have more flow than others.

The company probably could make a lot more money than it does, but with that would come greater risks. It is well managed currently and stays relatively small. There's little risk in the way we tend to do things.

Other devs in niche genres like ours seem of similar size... AC might have a similar size team, I'm guessing.

14. 88mphTim

No, I don't know who did. I'm based in Illinois.

15. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I didn't know Ann Summers' middle name was Arbor. Were they there to buy Rabbits? :)

16. TunaWiz

TunaWiz Registered

Just another reason for me to like ISI.... GO BLUE!!! :)

17. Miro

Miro Registered

Ehm, no. It was in the UImaps.mas from dev mode with several other funny pics. :)

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Cool... where do we find these "other funny pics"?

:)

19. JGraf

JGraf Registered

the group pic comes from rFactor 1 credits.

20. 88mphTim

Ah, I remember that. Loads of pics of everyone's kids, etc.