sick of seing big grey boxs on tRack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottishHERO, Mar 18, 2013.

1. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

Do we really need to see these big grey boxs driving around on the track jsut beco sa skin isnt loading or some crap , the oens i se have these big monster chain wheels spiinind aroung them..

Pisses me off

2. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

LOL true! They bother me a lot as well :D

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Sure beats having to return to garage to load the car up of someone who has just joined the server, like in other games.
    Especially if your halfway through your practise full race fuel and set up test.

4. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

Ok.. So give the them something that isnt a big grey box how about the shape of a car?

5. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Yeah I remember my mate from my club 1st buying rF2... I had spent a while trying to convince him how great the sim is and helped him with his install etc. We hosted up a server.. He came online and the 1st thing we heard in Teamspeak was "WTF all the cars are lego bricks with wheels!!!" I p1ssed myself laughing.

Seriously it would be better to have a decent render of something as a temporary skin till its loaded up properly but as it is it is better than ramming into a car you can't see on track cos its not loaded without you abandoning your stint in the session.

6. TechAde

TechAde Registered

I've not tested this so not sure if it's implemented, however in Multiplayer.ini is the following setting:

Delay Vehicle Graphics="1" // if true, delay loading vehicle graphics when clients join in order to reduce the pause

Setting this to zero might mean the full vehicle graphics get loaded for new clients, however it could also mean a big pause when new clients join and you're out on track.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That might possibly be the plan.....

8. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Are you trying to write in Scottish dialect? :p Och aye the noo, http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Temp%20Cars was half an answer for rF1, mebbes ISI are doing something similar for rF2.

9. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

The current temporary vehicle looks extremely weird and is very distracting with the off-centered wheels flying around it, so any improvement would be much appreciated.

10. the-D-

the-D- Registered