Cars standard Driving aids

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottishHERO, Mar 18, 2013.

1. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

What I don't like is some cars have car aids as standard...

yet most servers have EVERYTHING OFF

its not a realistic drive then is it ? turns the cars into spinning tops

THE CARS HAVE AIDS AS STANDARD FOR REASON FOR PERFORMANCE AND HANDLING

the cars don't handle properly without!

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

What...

This is a sim, if you can't drive the cars without aids, fat chance you're used to aids holding your hand. Learn to drive instead of blaming the cars for being spinning tops.

3. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

Im only talking about the cars that come with simpel thigns liek abs as standard ... Yet this sims removes that makes the handling totaly different from real life and u call it a sim?

All you no aids drivers need to realise your not experiencing the true feel of the car

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

That some cars with it doesn't necessarily mean the drivers use it full on or all the time.
    Making the handling totally different, wouldn't know about that, seems like a over exaggeration..

So that justifies using aids when things get too difficult? Didn't think so. Sadly we will never experience the feeling of a true car though.

5. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

if the car has abs then the car has abs ! why should this Game remove it and force us to drive without !

not a sim!

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I agree it should be in there if it's in the real one.

There are other sims for you to try next door.

7. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

and im sick of driving cars that handle like crap bcos of it

8. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

Just give us what the car has as standard and stop letting people turn all aids off

its bull****

9. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

usually when i install a sim, the first thing i do is make sure that all aids are off. I never have liked using any driving aids. The McClaren MP4 in iRacing has ABS. Having aids off in iRacing does not turn off ABS on the car as it is simulated on the car itself. That is how it should be for aids on the cars you speak of.

10. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

Thats fine turn off the " extra" aids for noobs on ur severs but its not righ turning off the cars built in systems just so they can have there " no aids" thrill

11. Gaz Mclean

Gaz Mclean Registered

why not just join a server which allows aids?

ps which cars are you referring to that handle like **** without?

try clio if yr struggling that's easy to drive without aides and good fun to drive too.

12. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

sa logn as teh driivng adis ar not smultaed corrrect, it si mroe raelitsic to hve no aids, thna hav unralisic aids.

13. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

ege, I dha a pbroblm reding that JJ!

14. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

hou srory ijm, juts triygn to adpat to teh PO's lagnauge :rolleyes:

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

BLEAT ALERT

Why not just make two versions.

1. Fantasy were all cars have aids ..............oh they already do

2. A version that only real aids are available, not all cars.

Hey that is original idea ! >? :p

I call it Pro and Pussy version.

16. Radar

Radar Registered

@ scottishHERO..

1st of all it's sim racing. The cars released so far don't have aids as standard.
    2nd. Have you driven a real race car? I'm guessing not as you would know how a real race car would drive.
    3rd. Create your own server and put all aids on, while you're at it, put indestructible on, it might help you to get use to the cars as you turn each aid off over time..

17. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

The thing people seem to forget is the assists we have here are for keeping you on the road. The assists they use in the real world are for making you faster. You will not beat a TC off the corner with your foot. You won't.

Case and point, this weekend at Sebring one of the Vipers lost their TC. Did they explode spontaneously? No. The car still had strong pace. At one point Audi had no TC with one of their diesels (AKA, torque galore, aka, wheelspin) and again, nothing changed. Remember V10s in F1 sans TC? Nothing really changed. They just went even faster once they got the TC going.

Even the "low" assists feel like they are hand of god type assists, rather than go faster parts. And that, is why I don't use em. People who say you need to use an assist because the real car has it so it must be reliant upon that system really need to step back.

18. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

scottishHERO, can you please name a few cars that you are referring to?

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

It's almost like some people do not read what Hero is saying. I totally agree that if some car uses some (do not want to see people coming to say "all" after this) driving aids (or even just low tc) then we should be able to use that always. So if that driving aid is implemented to the mod then it should stay enabled even if server moderator turns all aids off. This said, no, I do not have any clue which cars have a driving aid in real life (note: a driving aid, not driving aids...it makes a big difference if you have for example only low tc on with some cars).

I too drive without aids (Clio, Meganes, Nissan 370Z, Lolas, modern F2, Spark f2/f3 and Eve f3, Nascar 2006...). So there is plenty for me. I'm struggling with Corvettes, Nissan GTR, Brabham and modern f1, but I do not demand that they should be driven with a aid on (if they do not have any in real life?)...I just do not drive those cars that much.

But all in all I would say realistic means=fun and predictable (not same as easy) ,not "as hard as possible"

20. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Yep TCS low is actually slower for Clios and Meganes, ABS makes Meganes a lot easier to go fast. I think they should keep the standard aids and add TCS/ABS settings in the garage menu for cars that have these in real life.