Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

I agree...

The above video of Kimi a few posts up is a good example of "proper" downshifting imo.

I accept that downshifting may be different for qually laps/race laps/practice laps but this "screaming" engine sound when downshifting in sims is unrealistic imo. I`ve heard it done in various sims/games by loads of sim drivers and it may yield a quick time but it`s not "sim" to me as they don`t scream the engine like that whilst downshifting in reality...

Not like it`s done in sim world anyway.

2. Thomas

Thomas Registered

u all are right. But tbh, im downshifting very very fast. I do it because its a lot faster than lazy downshifting, for me. When i try the lazy downshift, i have to break way earlier and the car looses stability under breaking. So, a lot of tenth to loose there. Some other guy said it before. The Ferrari Virtual Academy was just great to drive. At this time, i thought: this is the way a formula one car could really feel in reality. Same here with Marussia, except for the downshifting. In FVA it was not able to downshift that fast. If you tried to shift at higher revs the gearbox just wouldnt do the shift. And yes, in those days, the nkPro devs said that is the way a modern f1 car operates. So, why does the Marussia allow that fast downshift if it is not even possible in a real f1 car???

3. raekwon

raekwon Registered

if you downshift like in that video in real life... maybe after a couple of laps you are on your way back to box by foot...
    come on its ridicolous just to think that's realistic

isi please make some engine, gearbox fault for that...

4. Miro

Miro Registered

But what's so wrong in that video? I just didn't match it every time, mostly in the first corner. All the other downshifts are in green/ blue light or whatever it is. There are more onboard Q laps on youtube, watch them, It happens to the F1 drivers also that they don't match always and the revs are in red. I think people are here a bit overreacting, I, at least, will try that now myself to see what happens to the engine.

Will report back. Why should they make it unrealistic anyway? The engine even overheats if you don't move for a while.

Edit: Well if you don't match the revs properly the rears are locking immediately anyway.
    But it would be interesting to know what happens with the gearbox over the hole race.
    As we know there are indeed a few gearbox failures in the F1.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
  5. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

6. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Maybe I shouldn't drink Vodka whilst browsing forums @ 4am :) I stand corrected. With my clear head it is all completely obvious and tbh something I learned many years ago.

7. Zephyr RU

Zephyr RU Registered

I tired to make repaint of MR01.
    but I feel something wrong about "specular" of body. I added some logos. but specular is looking bad.

how can I fix that? - by the way, this video is half way of making repaint data. -
    I used Photoshop Elements 7.

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Does the texture have an alpha channel containing the specular information? :)

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Damn AI :mad:

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Seems this will not be changed. It was done on purpose to give the logos higher resolution.

11. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Makes sense. Maybe it can be marked in the wireframe so it's easier to find.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Will ask.

13. freewa1ker

freewa1ker Registered

can open marissia mas file. "Unknown mas key". wtf? :)

14. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

It's propably crypted like FIA F2. I have a question too. Is it possible to use Marussia on dev mode too?

15. Helldriver

Helldriver Registered

Hi !

The Marussia doesn´t appear in my mod manager.
    I got the 156 Build, my mod manager is v0.92h and i put the ISI_Marussia_MR01_2012.rfcmp in the packages directory as usual.

Anybody a clue?

16. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Did you try to click and unclick mods and components? More people had that problem including me, doing that I found it. Don't know exactly how, I think in the beginning of this thread somewhere people also asked about it.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Helldriver...

Don`t look for anything named Marussia.

It`s under ISI_xxx_xxx_v1.0 in the mods list in game... (I can`t check myself right now as not at my sim rig)

But also do as ifrans suggested and try having only mods checked in the mod manager.

Hope this helps.

18. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Can you guys show me some link, where can i download skin(s) for Marussia, of course if exist and is allowed . Thnx.

19. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

You re both overdriving the tires. Find a better balance with your style and the setup and try to drive a smoother line with less rear wheelspin, otherwise your tires are ruined withtin minutes ;).

20. ifrans

ifrans Registered