Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. argo0

argo0 Registered

First go in the Marussia tonight. Absolutely fantastic. Much easier to drive than I imagined. Had no problems with the brakes at 92% pressure. Found it harder to be quick at Sepang than Sebring. Need more seat time definitely. Default set up was good. Wrecked my Mediums at Sepang in a 15 lap race. Flatspots were VERY noticeable, and tyre wear was a really massive consideration.
    Most of all, its just great fun. Turn 1 at Sebring in 6th gear is the dogs. Its breathtaking how quick this thing goes round it. And addictive.
    Can't wait to have another go! Need to get as competent at Sepang and all other tracks as I was at Sebring (1.36.1 with Softs). Then I'll be happy.

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

What kind of speakers do you propose?

3. tjc

tjc Registered

I don`t think the sounds are "bad" they`re just not what I expected.

I expected the sound of the Marussia, not the FISI.

Must try the headphones...

4. Blue fellow

Blue fellow Registered

I think that has to be my favourite turn to take in this car, of any track.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

dont try them, sound is really bad with them, nothing like the video and I use one of the best headphone makers.

6. Miro

Miro Registered

Any speakers with proper bass. I have got my old speakers here, they have proper bass and it's good. I think it would be even better if you have a good subwoofer. I have to try it on my new speakers still tho. I think it's gonna be even better.

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

8. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

Can you please check you didn't accidentally switch on brake help, it may seem an embarrassing mistake, but I've had that get the better of me a few times.

9. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

The template has some faces that are upside down on the nose.
    [​IMG]

10. rVeloce

rVeloce Registered

I have Bose system, bass has nothing at all to do with it. The sounds are too "yesterday sim sound". Hope to hear updated , more accurate version.

Listen to what Anthony from Simbin has done with his talents recently. That's what I mean, talent and artistic abilities to capture the most accurate to life sound in game audio design.

11. Blue fellow

Blue fellow Registered

I don't know if this has been pointed out or not before, but when you're viewing the car from a further away replay camera, you can see through the cockpit. The closer up detailed models do not have this problem. There are not many replay cameras where you can see it this clearly though, most of the cameras that are far enough away for it to have this low detailed model either just catch a small glimpse of the void, or at an angle where you can't see it at all.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6019/2013032100001.jpg

12. johnnyw

johnnyw Registered

I do like this car a lot but just cant get completely comfortable driving it due the brakes that are locking up so damn easily. Any tips? Allready lowered pressure a lot and tried to play with bias but dont really seem to help at all.

Anyway here is one vid i captured. Not perfect lap but ok i guess even with those few brake lockups.

Laptime was 1.38.8xx

-Joni Varis

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

F1 brake pedals take over 230 pounds of force from your leg to get to full braking. F1 drivers only ever use this full force (or close to it) when they are braking from there max top speed, they also VERY QUICKLY from that point on are releasing the brakes more and more. Keep this is mind when using a toy or even decently serious sim brake pedal. Using 80% of the braking when in 5th gear is probably even then way too much.

- We don't have the range and accuracy of 230+ pounds of braking force to play with in our pedals.

- We don't have the range and accuracy of up to 6gs of braking force to play with in our feelings.

14. johnnyw

johnnyw Registered

Sometimes even in really slow speed i lock up the front immideatly when touch the pedal without even pushing it more than like 10%, so its not really that i apply too much pressure to it.

Maybe some G25/27 users could give some tips, maybe change brake sensitivity? Thing is tho that i dont have any problems with cars like FISI, F2 or corvette.

15. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Isi, are you gonna update the skin for this little error(s)? If not it's fine, you can work around it, but if you do I will wait for that update.

thanks

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I use headphones as well as 5.1 with heavy bass, the sounds are just poor across the board apart from the corvette which does sound good....but the whole sound system in rf2 is lacking, proper surround sound support is needed as well as improved sound samples.

17. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I've Fanatec CSP V2 and I'm 3 seconds slower so please stop complaining about brakes! ;) Btw you're clearly braking lot later than I. Major difference.

18. johnnyw

johnnyw Registered

heh well i just dont think brakes should lock up that easily, it really takes some fun out of it when you have to be scared each time you start to slow down that if you lock up or not no matter how gently try to do it :)

On that vid lap i had pressure of 80% which is really low allready, with default pressure & bias it was almost undriveable for me.

19. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Tim, I was wondering if it is possible for the rear tires and rear wing to show up in the mirrors, as far as I know those should just be visible :)

20. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

yeah, just like the F1's in GSC. It adds a lot to the immersion factor I feel