[REL] Longford 1967 v1.0 [2018-08-15]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

Just showed a video of a lap to a colleague here at work who races his R8 in the Targa Tas. each year and he was astounded at the accuracy of the scenery,67' track and modern day shrubs ,signs and trees ..

Great work

2. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Cool, thanks :)

As for "public road mode", it might be possible to rig up a highly specific AIW, with perma-pitlimiter or something. Do some U-turns here and there etc. That doesn't mean I'll actually make it though :p

Also, I've been working on another project for the last four or five days, but that's done now, so I'll be back to working on Longford and should have the update ready within a week (probably less). It will mainly be a fix update (bridge collisions, grid tele-fragging and a couple of other small bits).

@Durge, about the announcer. Do you mean you're getting overlapping samples playing, and you'd prefer if there were just a single PA sound source in the pit area? I can probably do that :)

3. ZMC888

ZMC888 Registered

Wow! What a fantastic track an addition as good as a historic ISI track, maybe better, Thanks for your hard work Woochoo. :cool:

4. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

As everyone has said love the track, if I could have one thing changed it would be those damn flags flapping in the breeze, can ya turn them down abit m8. smileyface lol

SS

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Settings/Audio/Sound Effects = 0%

Yes exactly, would be good thanks.

6. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Can probably do that too :)

to ANYONE:
    If you have any really small/easy changes you'd like to suggest, do it now, and I'll see if I can get them into the upcoming update :)

7. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Hey woochoo, I just found a small body of water in the field with the gate that I usually end up in cause I miss the turn. Alas, no fish in it! Sure appreciate that gate - its the small things that make life grand!

8. boxer

boxer Registered

Great work woochoo this is a fantastic track.
    Any plans to change the behavior of the tires on the side of the track to movable objects like the "bail of hay".
    Right now clipping a tire sent me cartwheeling, it feels like hitting a wall.

9. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hi boxer,
    at some stage i did have lower hat/coll meshes within the tyre. I'll probably resurrect those. Should still produce a decent bump, but less likely to flip a car. They won't be movable though.

@jim
    maybe i'll do a fish once i get the proper water shader going :)

General news:
    I'll probably wait til the new build is released next week before putting out the Longford update. Just to make sure it's all still ok.
    btw, flags are now quieter and there are fewer PA sounds :)

10. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

Without reading thread because i don't have a bunch of time so sorry if this has been brought up as an issue or just normal. There are some parts of the track that send you doing a wheelie because of what seems to be a bump in the road? Normal? Great looking track with great ffb. Good work!

11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hi Nhra Racer,
    No I've not heard this one, thanks for bringing it up. Can you be more specific about the parts of the track that are doing this?

12. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

I will check in a bit and get back with you.

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

14. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Now i know how to spot rf2 even without the logo: rf2 is the yellow one with ugly sky :p

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I always thought that a 3d trees is a must to make the circuites look better and more realistic! for me a 3d trees for rf2 and every 2013 game is a must! and you are right about the yellow thing anf the ugly sky, but it isn't th fault of the modder of this circuit!

16. woochoo

woochoo Registered

WOW! thanks for making the vid :)
    I did make some preliminary efforts to compensate for the the new lighting system. More work will follow.
    Thanks for the compliment on the sky wajdi and Jerry :) I put plenty of time into those back in the "old days".
    I hope to start work on proper 3D trees in the next few weeks. Initially the willows, planes, poplars, I suspect. The distant trees will probably be ok as X-trees for a while.

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

If I follow your logic this screen shot has to be rFactor1. But you are right. The system should be improved, especially for converted tracks.

[​IMG]

@woochoo
    The specular and normal maps look great! You just need more "power" from the sun to make them visible.

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

You are doing a great job mate and with 3d trees this track will be just perfect!

19. raekwon

raekwon Registered

http://www.3dmentor.ru/
    i often use this collection of plants for my work (3dsmax render)... its good and not very demanding in rendering time... I do not know if this can help you but...

20. tjc

tjc Registered

I`m very glad to hear this woochoo as it`s the trees imo that let the track down a little atm, especially the trees just after the bridge. The trees that have a more green colour to them look quite good and quite natural but the trees that come after the bridge and have a more yellow look to them, don`t look very natural to me.

The track itself could maybe be a little more hi res but the buildings etc look really good.

All in all a fine track and with your updates I`m sure it`ll be one from the top drawer.

:)