Sudden change of Steering wheel range.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gplayonline, Mar 14, 2013.

1. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

Hi all,

Build after build i'm having a terrible issue with the steering wheel range who change suddenly and sets at 180°(undrivable!). I have Gt Driving Force.

I'm enjoying rF2 since build96 and the bug (!?) do not happen so often but enought to f***uot some of races that i have weekly with my online league.

I'v set a button on the wheel that resets the FFB, but i have to be very fast pressing it before it will be too late.

Some help or any tips are very welcome!

2. Chris S.

Chris S. Registered

I know this bug since yesterday too. First time it happen to me.
    Was on Malaysia Track with the F-3.5.
    At the beginning of the 2nd lap steering range went down from 540° to about 180°.
    A friend of mine has the same experience as you with all builds.
    We have both a G25.
    Anyone without a Logitech wheel here who has the same problem?

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thrustmaster f430 here... haven't noticed such a problem.

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Well this is a strange coincidence as for the very first time I experienced this last night!

I`ve never encountered it before and had every build from b86 onwards...

On Tuesday night I was driving and all was well, no problems at all. Went for a few laps last night and it seemed like the steering wheel range had become much bigger, I had to turn the wheel much more than before...

I thought maybe I was imagining it so I carried on... tried two or three different cars (the vette, Clio and BT20) but the problem remained.

I checked the settings and the ratio`s seemed correct. I also checked the G25`s controller settings in the CP and it was as I`d left it at 900 degrees but the in sim steering was off!?

:confused:

5. Jett080

Jett080 Registered

Check and make sure streering help is turned off guys,I've had the same issue in the past and it drove me crazy.... Until I check this and sure enough for some reason it was turned on!

6. Chris S.

Chris S. Registered

All helps turned off.
    On my side it can't be any driving aids cause the steering range changed in the race. From one corner to the other.

7. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I've had this same issue a couple of times some months ago. G27 in my case.

8. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I've had it few times in the past too. G27. I set 900 degrees at Logitech Profiler and allow game to change settings. Also uncheck the option from in-game so it doesn't decide steering ratio.

9. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Same issue here with G27 with the previous build. I havn't had the isse with the latest build. The **** thing when it happend too was that the FFB was so extremely strong, my G27 havnt been the same after (gear noise). Still usable though.

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yes this is what happened to me. Range got larger. Majorly messed with my head!

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

that must have been the one time i passed you lol

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

GT Drive Force here and also having the issue - Mostly happens in my best lap of course :(

Also sometimes having issues with FFB, sometimes there is none what so ever (need to restart rFactor) soemtimes there is only the "wheel steering resistance" but u have no bumps and hits.. and sometimes you only get bumps and hits with no resistance... someone having the same?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
  13. tjc

tjc Registered

I can confirm... it is a major head mess`r :D

14. tjc

tjc Registered

Now that is a strange one...

I`ve never had only portions of ffb... I have gone to leave the pits and had no ffb at all and had to exit back then start up the car again and the ffb is fine but never had only "some" ffb...

:confused:

15. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I've had that too. Suddenly you get out of pits and feel wheel has a steady resistance but it doesn't change at curves, bumps,.... going back to garage or resetting FFB fixed it.

16. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

A lot of replies i see, but unfortunately no one that solved the issue.

It also seems like there are different kind of FFB "bugs" in our logitechs.

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

And I experienced this today, for the first time (or at least in a long time). I checked logitech profiler but everything seems fine, restart rF2 but problem is still there. Started driving anyway and 2 times that lap my wheel changed steering range and I had different FFB strengh, but then all was fine again :confused:

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I had this over the years with Logitechs (long before I was with ISI). Can you guys try restarting before you launch rF2 and see if that takes away the issue? When I had it (with another product), the wheel driver used to crash. If I restarted, it seemed to stay stable.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Or if not, please monitor the Logi driver. We have to rule that out, thanks for your help

20. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I remember I sometimes had it happen (2 or 3 times, I believe, but I don't play to much because I have to play at my brothers pc :p ).

For me it happened with a Logitech G27, after a bit of a bumpy ride (Last time was Rumble strip at Poznan, which indeed Rumbles a lot ;) ). Unplugging the wheel, and reattaching helped for me that time.