TMTires.mas encrypted and Megane vs GTR vs 370Z vs Clio tire sounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

First thing is ISI you need to re-evaluate your packaging plan or at least not encrypt stupid stuff, like TMTires. If I am not going to be able to change vehicle sounds directly then I need to at least change .mas files they are referencing so I can avoid the pain of the tire sounds on some of your vehicles.

Which brings us to the main driver of my frustration with packaging (in this specific instance b/c of course there are numerous headaches with the very poorly-design packing system).

And, you guessed it, it's the stupid tire sounds. And stupid sounds are bad enough but it's even worse that it seems to be arbitrary.

Case in point. You say that racing slicks have different sounds than street tires and maybe don't chirp, squeal, etc. as much or only under severe strain, etc etc.

For argument's sake, let's say you're right. So then why do Meganes and GTR have squeals and chirps and Clio and 370 have sandpaper?

If this is some developer arbitrary choice then please implement a policy not to use sandpaper sounds unless someone has a damn good reason.

Thanks for listening.

2. gagipro

gagipro Registered

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Do you really think ISI will alter the packaging system now? We've been over this a hundred times since beta began and there's been no change, only now are the skins finally being sorted but anything else? Doubtful!

4. Dhurara

Dhurara Registered

+1

The packaging system itself is acceptable to me.
    But I'm annoyed by the encrypted basic files like a tire sound stuff :(

5. PMC

PMC Registered

Stuf has been encrypted to cover license agreements

But as things get broken down to component level i would imagine sound files will be available to edit

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
  6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If you keep making duplicate threads I'm going to have to start moderating them. Already know how you feel about the tire sounds.

Anything we can leave open, we do. Anything we encrypt, we have to.

7. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Hello perhaps you can put crap to replace the stuff which you need to encrypt so you don't need to encrypt anymore and we replace the crap with nice stuffs instead? :cool:

because some sounds : it makes headache and my ears to bleed !

I don't know if it's the same for the bad sounds in clio cup, but it really makes my ears bleeding as hell

8. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

LOL! Bleeding ears sounds as an overstatement but indeed, the sounds could be better (i.e. RaceON tyre sounds... they're nice).

I guess try to decrypt as they do with the Simbin stuff would be the only plausible solution.