triple Screen with FOV

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Hugo Gonçalves, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Hugo Gonçalves

Hugo Gonçalves Registered

1 - I made some test and to match the monitor my perfect FOV is 28/30, but i dont lke the position to drive that FOV give. i push back the seat to max value but is to close from the front of the car. Like i said the angle is perfect with right monitorbut if i increase or decrease FOV the monitor on the right is odd. in clios i see the door completely on the right side. and the angles in the transitions to the center monitor to the right doest match in default.
    I tested in clio meganes and 370.

2- anyone have a config with HDR on that gives 60+ fps that can help? i have a gtx680 4 gb and with hdr on cant have more than 40/45 fps. i already try change shadows to off but increse like 5 fps. with hdr off i go to 70/80 fps but graphics ://

Thks

2. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Why you don't like that position? I drive FOV 35 on triple screen so I can still see the car dashboard/wheel info but I have the feeling it's real. In real life you mainly focus on the road so don't sit back too much I would say.

3. coops

coops Banned

evga 4 gig gtx 680 ere.

View attachment 6622
    View attachment 6623

control the fxaa in nvidia control panel. i get 90 fps in the pits at mills in the Clio's. also if you want more turn off reflections and also i don't use multi view.

4. Hugo Gonçalves

thks again coops same config same 90 fps. much much better.

5. coops

coops Banned

no probs glad i could help.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hugo if the lines from monitor to monitor aren't straight then u need to just ether move your real life head forward or backwards until the lines are straight, or you change the angle of the monitors.

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Coops!

Can you post your nvidia settings ? I use a gtx670 4gb with tripple 24 and nvidia surround. What you mean with don't use multi monitor? Arround 45 fps is the maximum that i can get with my settings.

Maybe it's the new build in multiplayer i have after a while massiv lag's fps are falling down to 14 or 9 fps for seconds after that fps are runninig normal with 40 to 45 fps. After restart the multiplayer session the lag is gone but after a while same story as explained above. Sometimes rf2 crash when the lag begin.

Any Idea .

Thx Alex

8. Hugo Gonçalves

Its not the lines, the lines match perfect, its the angle that car make from center monitor to right. if you change FOV you will notice that. Eg: the right mirror in default fov are far away,with 60 fov are to close, and for me 28/30 its seems perfect but with that fov your seat position are to close from the front even if i back totally the seat.

9. Hugo Gonçalves

alpha, coops dont use multi viem option in game. you try the seettins that coops said?

10. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

yep i played a little bit around with the settings after reading this thread at the moment i use this settings
    View attachment 6636
    View attachment 6637
    View attachment 6638
    and it works great.
    At Poznan Race Weekend with all settings to max I have now between 47 and 60 fps :cool:
    Thats much better as before :) and it looks great. Specially on late afternoon with the long shadows and the reflections on the tarmac !
    So many thanks for your discussion ;-)

cheers

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

If your seat is too close you can adjust the seat further back in I think the cam files