[WIP] F1RFT 2013 by F1RFT Professional Modding Group

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by GTClub_wajdi, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Hi Navigator - I would be very grateful if you could do that. I have tried to mess a bit with it but cannot do it. Have no knowledge what so ever about modding :D

Yes I think it would be ok to have a car mod with the JTD sounds and good talent files - and a separate track mod with all tracks. If you can do this you are the man !! :)

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, I am far from being an expert too, but this I just played with and it worked. Those were talent files and aiw files, but this should work too.

Be aware that you probably (pretty sure) can't join online with this mod anymore because it's altered, is that okay with you?

Starting tonight, at work now.

3. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Sounds great. I guess you found the F1RFT JDT Sound mod then? Regarding online play thats fine because I can just install original mod whenever I want to play online.

Thx for this - this will be a great improvement. The mod is already awesome, but these sounds will make it so much better ! :D

4. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I love this mod! Oh yeah!

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Nice driving, but GOD I hate those popping up shadows!!! Trees shadows popping up in Fuchsröhre, after Armberg and the bridge... and then the 'general' shadow line, you can just see it extent along with you. Urgh!

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I'm sorry man, but it's not working out at the moment as I thought; the sound is just not working.
    I think it has to do with (maybe) the path and the pointing towards it in some other file.
    I have to dig into that quit deep I'm afraid and it's probably going to take me a while. The first time I can really sit down for this, is the weekend.
    Still working on it, but it's going to take a bit longer, sorry.

Edit;
    Well, there is light at the end of the tunnel ;)
    I got one sound from one car working inside the car. It's not good however; the new RFT mod is working with 6 samples and the JTD mod is working with 5......... so now it sounds weird.
    There should be a file saying what to do and when to do it, so I have to alter that one too.
    First I got to find it. Problem is; there are a LOT of sounds (as I said, 6 for inside, but a "p" version and a "c" version) and those are only ONE car, only inside.....and they all have to be renamed because that was the reason why it had no sound; files were named differently.
    And now that I got it, the samples are off a bit.
    So, it's definitely going to take a longer time.
    Crap, what have I got myself into ;)

Hehe, no problem, I like a project.
    But again, sorry man, you have to wait for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
  7. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Thanks for the update - and for taking the time to trying to figure it out. Dont worry I can wait - just take your time. I appreciate that you havent given up even though some issues have occured ! :)

8. kro388th

kro388th Registered

How can I get the "Final" version of this mod ? I tried to singe up over at the site but was unable to , translator doesn't work very well ;-( I see lots of people have it ? is there some special voodoo I have to do or something ? is there anyway at all to get it ?

PM's welcome ..

please ;-)

Thanks !

9. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

GOT IT!! :)

Pffff......finally got it working. Man, everything that could go wrong, went wrong, lost all my own made stuff (so the altered talent file is not in there) and the game is doing strange now, but it works. ;)
    The mod is the final F1RFT mod as it came with the exception of the sound; that's JDT.
    For some reason, the hud is not the one delivered with the final RFT mod. I don't know how, but I can't seem to fix that. Maybe you can just choose it in the game best.

As I said; I split the tracks from the mod itself and so you have to install them separately. Should be no problem I think.

Keep in mind; I've been working witha lot of things in here and not all went fine (well, all not) and though I tested it, there might be something I overlooked/didn't occur to me or I just thought it was proper but is not. Example; hearing all those sounds, I can't remember all the tones of all the cars.
    There is one thing; right after starting the car up, there's a second of silence. That belongs to the JDT mod as it did on my system from day one.
    I have stopped seeing that as an error as I couldn't fix it.
    So, don't get mad when something is not right, just say it and if I can, I will fix it.

Here are the links.

Car mod: Link removed; see page 23

EDIT; new link for the tracks.
    Edit 2; new link for the cars; McLaren and Mercedes having good sounds too.

To make things proper for everyone (heart a lot about stolen mods and so on) I just want to say the following:

These two mods are NOT mine and I claim nothing.
    The RFT mod and the JDT mod, are existing mods and can be downloaded for free; links can be found on this forum for both.
    The one thing I did, was shuffle them up a bit, split them and repackaged.
    I own nothing and made nothing.
    ALL thanks go out to those wizards from RFT and JDT!! Cheers guys, thanks for this candy!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
  11. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

any chance of another link:)

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Sounds good and how it looks I'm not the only one who is interested :) Both links does not work ATM because dropbox say to much traffic .

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Sorry guys, I had no idea dropbox would not allow it. Not at home right now, but when I get back, I look into it.
    Any suggestions meanwhile? Not familiar with it. I'd rather not sign up anywhere.

14. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

I suggest you to use mediafire .

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks!

I'm busy with that right now and uploading. The small file is going to take 2 hours.......the large one.......you can calculate.
    Sorry guys, some more waiting.

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

glad to see this is finally released, if any one can spare 10mins to write a review it would make an interesting read (-:

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Updated the car link.
    Should work (if I get it right) so please try and let me know if not.

18. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Thanks Navigator.
    Despite excessive grip comparing to FISI problem, i really like the work of F1RFT on cockpits.
    I feel itchy to complain about the mess this mod cause in my tracks folder, but can´t do that since F1RFT didn´t officially released their mod, but you solved my problem removing all the tracks from install.
    I´ll keep the installation tough because online play, but again: thanks.

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

the ISI f1's have more than enough grip ( their pretty good sim cars )

the rft ones have even more grip ?

20. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Almost as Codemasters f1 titles