[WIP] F1RFT 2013 by F1RFT Professional Modding Group

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by GTClub_wajdi, Mar 5, 2013.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The fastest guy in our F1 league has tried it and says it is too easy due to the grip

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

They perhaps don't read here,

I think we should pop them emails with opinions etc (-;

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Maybe it is better if we combine all feedback in a proper written report and send it to them :)

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, maybe he is not fast enough.......because there's ALWAYS the edge......maybe a bit further away, but there is "the end of grip" and he didn't look for it.
    Your fastest guy maybe fast, but is he a real F1 driver? No? So, just another opinion, just like ours ;)

5. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Exactly. Well said Nav

6. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

Will there be any templates for this mod? There was for RFT 2011 and RFT 2012

7. pas74

pas74 Registered

hy guyz how can i activate the kers?

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I don't believe that is supported at this point.

9. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers for all your work. Some early feedback if I may.

Obviously nice models to look at and I am happy the ISI inner rear tyre temp issue is sorted. A few things left me disappoint enough not to continue testing.

Issues:

- Unrealistic high grip
    - FFB - Steering torque seems ok however it lacks overall feedback. On my CSR e I am set to just be under FFB clipping. I ran a test at bumpy Sebring with full stiff bars, springs and dampers & a FFB smoothness reduced from 10 to 0 and whilst the cockpit cam is bouncing a fair bit the feedback isnt there for this extreme type of setup.
    - Texture - Green & purple colour on the wheels from cockpit and textures seem a bit odd.
    - Side mirrors are not individually adjustable. Poor graphic quality in side mirrors.
    - Sounds - Tyre scrubbing sound in every corner is a little bit annoying.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  10. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

these cars are the pinnacle of racing and generate crazy amounts of d/f and mech grip. i really don't have a problem with the grip levels in this mod. i find it hard to keep reading 'unrealistic' or 'easy'. expectations seem to me to be that only 1% of all people should be able to drive these without hurling it into a wall.

listen to guys like martin brundle doing his masterclass pieces, he's always on about the 'unreal grip' that the modern cars have, how they are a dream to drive. ok he's a pro but it doesnt sound like they are twitchy, spit you out at each corner type of cars. 80s Turbo era cars, yep i reckon they were tough to handle, but modern cars?

but what do i really know, i'm just a guy with a PC

i agree that tyre noise is a bit loud though

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Of course MB is going to say how great they are for grip because compared to the cars he drove in the 90s they are. Some of the on boards from lower ranked teams show some pretty unstable times when pushing and quick violent steering actions required to keep it all on track. Not everyone has a RB9. With this mod for some low speed corners where aero df doesn't realy play a big part I can be very very aggressive both in corner entry and exit whilst driving a dodgy setup and it doesn't even side step.

12. gkz

gkz Registered

I loved the demo the feeling was so good and real. This is just a joke the grip level and physics feels like f1 2013 and is a waste of the rfactor 2 engine.

13. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Without breaking a sweat 1st lap out I just took turn 1 at Sebring flatout in 7th gear in a F.I. on a green track with the default setup. Dunno that just doesn't seem right to me...

14. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Not just you, but more who see this as an issue or fault; who of us have driven a real F1 car? I didn't. So these are just assumptions and own preferences of all of us.
    Some like it, some don't.
    I think it's not right to talk about "realistic" or not.
    Keep in mind, as mingmong says he can drive T1 at sebring full; it IS a formula 1 car ;)

15. narcolepsy

narcolepsy Registered

Looking on google maps it looks a similar tightness to the exit of spoon at suzuka (although spoon drops away). No way is the exit of spoon flat out - people were all over the show there this year.

Just my $0.02

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Just tried it. At first glance I was pleased but the more I drove...
    If someone who spoke Hungarian could keep a list of feedback and give it to them that would be nice :)

I find it so weird that while ISI worked on a car to show how it's done with the Marussia, this feels so different.. Yes, what a gripfest,
    but that is probably easily fixed.

The spa track is almost undriveable, it seems decals or even skidmark decals have collision on them. Au rouge is just weird. Drove spa with
    the Williams.

Also, this as a 3d modeller for me is unforgivable. How in the world is it possible that the mirrors are distorting what is shown on them? It's been
    this beway since RFT2011 if I'm correct.. (a simple 'make planar' operation would already fix this, takes not even 1 second per car/per lod)

I'm actually disappointed, who'd expect that..

Overall though. I think for them this seasons' mod is a first look into rF2 just as it is for everybody and I'm quite sure there is something to improve
    in almost every area of the mod. I really hope they are not too proud/stubborn/hotheaded to recognize this and want to use input from the community to
    make it better.

Last thing. When Brundle is speaking about easy to drive, he probably means easy to drive for professionals. It would surprise me if 1 out of a 100
    simracers would get the car out of the pitstall to begin with... let aslone driving it at a speed where the tires and brakes would get to a functioning temperature.
    If this stuff was easy, every spoiled rich kid would be doing it. There's a difference between realisticly hard and just hard for the sake of it hoping to get into
    the realistic ballpark. This seems to be too much of the other side of the spectrum and I almost want to use the words dumbed down. I just hope they don't go that route.

If we can some dialog going, all for it :)

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I downloaded it yesterday and ran a bit. The helmets are great, the cars seem nicely modeled and the liveries are usually sharp but I think my positive words end here. I rather not speak on the track conversions. I think anyone looking for realism with this mod should look elsewhere, but those just looking for the F1 cars should be satisfied.

18. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Let's hope with good feedback they can turn it around. If nobody tells them what is wrong in a proper way and with examples in a constructive manner, then
    they think they've done everything the way it should. It's a tad frustrating though that you need like 2 laps in the ISI Marussia to know it's simply a whole lot
    different. If you're building a car and there isn't any solid reference available, isn't that ISI car made under license the very next best thing next to sliced bread?!
    Why ignore that and not abuse the chances there is really something I can't get my head around......

And indeed, I really don't understand why still the regurgitated same conversions popup driving even worse than their rF1 and got know what counterparts...

edit:
    I left a message in the chat window inviting Sompir to come over :)

19. ika

ika Registered

did you guys try full version? amazing drives awasome worck by RFT great:)

20. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Yep I did, and as someone remarked, the Demo version actually came a lot closer to the ISI cars than this. By lack of better comparison, I take those as the benchmark
    as those guys have access to data which in some cases the generic modder can hardly even guess...

Really hope to have a chat with Sompir some time though as to be honest, there is a really solid base going with a full field shiny looking cars :)
    If there only the willingness to accept feedback and to do something with it, that would be a great start.