Build 156 CTD

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by rer8, Mar 1, 2013.

1. rer8

rer8 Registered

I am no longer able to get the game to run. After being unable to get the game to run after an "update" install, I downloaded a full install program, and completed a "clean install." The game crashes to the desk top in offline and online game modes. The only thing that I set aside and dropped into the fresh install was the packages folder. I did a complete setup of the game for audio, video, and controller set ups. Previous installs have generally run without error during the past 5 or so builds...

Ideas.... recommendations.

Best regards...

Just finished a 2nd clean install. All mods components locations/vehicles etc. show "yes" to installed. I did an activation, and tested the dedicated server. I was able to join the race I created, and load the game. When I selected the "Race" the game crashed to the desk top. Still need some help here.
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
  2. rer8

rer8 Registered

Ok... it appears that something in my packages folder was creating the fault...I presently have only ISI cars and tracks in use, and plan to methodically move through all of the packages until I find the problem at which time I will provide the answer that I have been able to come up with.

Up and running... I have removed all "MODS" that are not the latest car and or track mods. Works good. Still don't know the culprit... don't care. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  3. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

1) Instal Mods ISI first
    2) after the other mods

4. rer8

rer8 Registered

Just read your post... I have accomplished that and all is well... Thanks for the reply.

5. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Before this Build exe crashes only in Multi Player , now i can play Single Player max. 8 min. than exe crashes . But every time exe crashed when i went in corner...Wheel is G27 / CPU i5 3570K @4,2 GHz Vcore 1,2V ( Load in Game core 1-4 85%-97% ) / GPU Zotak 480 GTX @835MHz ( Load ~97% , Memory use 1,2-1,35GB ) / RAM 1866 @900XMP Profile , used ~3,5GB , Sys runs in other Games absulut stable . Best regards

Edit : crashed by HDR on/off...

6. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Maybe you should try with your hardware at the stock settings then. Overclocking can have funny side effects. Just becasue a stress test did not crash itself or your system does not mean, there are no crashes possible.

7. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Maybe , but i think so , with Builds before it runs ~6 hours in Single Player , no Prob , but the crashes there in Multi Player came some times after 30min , some times after 2-3 hours , some times not...FXAA on/off crashes to , bevor crashes comes a little stottering .

8. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Just out of curiosity, have you tried a completely fresh installation, deleted everything except the Packages, Updates and UserData folders after the uninstallation step? Also, moving UserData out of the way might help to see if it is a setting that causes the problem.

Edit: Seeing that multiplayer has the worst behaviour, it might be something to with a network card driver. I´ve had strange problems with an onboard NIC once, not having the patience to go bug hunting, I ended up installing my good old Realtek RTL 8129 and haven´t had a problem since. Mind you this was not related to rFactor 2 though.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
  9. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Think i have to try full Install , but not today , CoD BO2 got ths Weekend double XP for Weapens ; )
    but Thanks for your Help : )

Edit : after fresh Install same Prob....

0,025V more Vid seems work ??? ( maybe the reason is changes by Physik ? )

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
  10. ecurochio

ecurochio Registered

I have a very similar, or same, issue. I have many installed mods. Updated from 146 to 156. Now, whether Single or Multiplayer, the game crashes to desktop each and every time I select "Race". Many car-track combos attempted. I am heading towards a full re-install, but I'm trying to find where the bust is. I will report here if I find it and will be checking back here to see if anyone has found a fix, save for a reinstall with ISI content installed first.

11. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

some people at our league are also having random and very frecuent CTD in online racing. They always took place when you press scape to go back to garage on when session is changed.

12. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

exe in MP crashes by change from Qually to race...:mad:

13. Diablo

Diablo Registered

That hints towards the overclock being the reason. Have you tried at stock clockrates?

14. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Yep , same in MP , after disable Replay in SP stottering ends most time...

15. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Hello

same problems.

Only Dev mode and runs with Joesville Track.

Update to 156 stopp working in single and multiplayer mode. Both can load track and show the garage Menu, but start of race suddenly crashes do desktop.
    (temporarily deactivating MoTeC and TrackMap Plugin with no succes)
    Same result with reinstall rf2 156.

> Now I downgrade to 146 (hope it runs again)

Leonardo :confused:

16. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Hi,

got it

.. after deinstalling and installing and installing all mods for 3 times.

finally i deinstalled all locations, that were not connected to a Mod.
    Now rF2 runs again.

works for build 156 and also for build 146.

is there a limit for the count of loactions?

Leonardo

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
  17. tito

tito Registered

After 156 build installation, same problem and same solution for me. Now it's work fine. re-installing locations one-by-one...

"is there a limit for the count of loactions?" ... its seem its right so... ISI what's happened ?

Tito