A Few Answers About Karts In Rf2 Please ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skynet, Feb 27, 2013.

1. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

for sure :eek:

2. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

Just another question on the ISI Karts: Are they "just racing karts" or did you do the licensing of some kart manufacturers, so that we get specific handling from the chassis and engine characteristics based on the real life data?

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

RF2 will be very good in karting.

How do I know this?

Because there is a super karting sim comming out called KartSim. Its definetely considered "hardcore" in its physics.

Anyways I saw a video of it, you could tell right away that it was something special, why? Because I have never seen a kart move around like that in any sim, not the RF1 karts, not GT5's or PCars unbelievably horrendous complete arcade karts, not Piboso's karts (pretty good by the way), nothing, UNTIL.....(drum roll please) I saw an early has hell preview of a RFactor 2 karting mod. Its the only thing i've ever seen that reminded me of KartSim. I was really suprised at how the RF2 karting physics looked so damn similiar to KartSim, this was like a month or 2 after RF2 was publicly released, about 1 year ago.

It probably didnt have kart specific physics like special axles, chassis flex and all, but even so, it still managed to be the only thing I have ever seen that looked like KartSim. On top of this, we all know that RF2's graphics represent its physic's the least out of all sims (unfortunately) and yet it still looked that good, he must have just aced the RF2 tyre model or something, I dont know, but it just looked fantastic, and the only thing I have ever seen that could compare to KartSim.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  4. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Thats reassuring to hear, im so psyched for these karts =). About Rfactor graphics representing physics less than any other sim, this is true and this is the thing that is misleading people about the power of rf. Some people rave on about Iracing and LFS whilst completely ignorant of the capabilities of RF1. well look what Reiza studios did with game stock car, easily the best feeling sim for me. As for Iracing without there fancy bumps and graphics that show off what the physics are doing, there suspension movement wouldn't look as good as it does in the replays.

5. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Are you referring to the Virtual Karting electric kart mod http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4475-Virtual-Karting-E-kart

Or is there another kart mod in the making?

6. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Here's a slow mo vid of private kart physics for rfactor by Niels heusinkveld for all the kart lovers out there.

7. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Build 298 introduces the new constraints system which will allow chassis flexing to be simulated. This means Karts can be done properly in RF2. The future is bright =)

8. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I there a Electric Kart mod already.

9. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Really not try it, but IRL i heard that the electric kart can go fast, thats i heard.
    About a kart mod in RF2 sure it will be the best if is do it propper.

10. Daniel Steinbeck

Daniel Steinbeck Registered

Tim, could you define ISI´s " fairly soon" ? Can we expect the Karts this year?

11. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

The Linde E1 accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.45 seconds. But I'm not sure if the battery would be able to last long enough for a race.

12. Daniel Steinbeck

13. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Dont worry its coming. First the constraints system had to be implemented and thats done as of build 298. The Howston G4/G6 is hinted @ being the next content added.... then probably the Kart. Remember these machines are more complex than they look and difficult to simulate properly so no surprises if it needs some work.

14. Daniel Steinbeck

I just wanna read a statement from ISI , not more,not less.

15. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

And I want a date with Mila Kunis. Unfortunately neither of us are in luck.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's better to wait however long it takes and get proper karts then get something with compromises early. I'm fine without karts until they're ready.

17. rer8

rer8 Registered

Someone posted a link to Kart Racing Pro and I have spent the last hour or so driving a demo kart. What a blast!:cool: I am really looking forward to the rFactor 2 Kart mod. A friend of mine is an avid kart driver and has talked about racing the track at Topeka to name one that is a demanding "big" track for the karting community. He runs a 250cc kart, chain driven (no transmission), and achieves speeds in excess of 100 m/h. No question about it if you like the Historic F3 cars and others with similar physics, you will definitely like karts. :cool::cool::cool:

18. coops

coops Banned

from what I read b4 there will be karts and a track released together.

19. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Don't forget getting kicked out and banned from the go-kart park for reaching behind and over-riding the governor..

I was told to never come back at the track in Daytona...( No sense of humor)

That couple of miles per hour...makes it worth getting kicked out..

Dave

NRT

20. Skynet

Skynet Registered

I would bet on the karts coming before april, but i guess isi would want to sort out the problems with the current build first.