steering setup for G27

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bobs40, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Bobs40

Bobs40 Registered

Im still getting the hang of getting around the track. Driving the corvette. I know to much car for a nuwbeeeeeee.
    My Question is what are good setings fot my wheel G27
    Setup in the profiler
    and in controles in the RF2.
    What does FFB smoothing do? and Car- specific FFB
    How muck steering wheel Range.
    Is there some doc. I can read about RF2 Controls
    Thanks Bob

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

From what I understand, FFB smoothing helps to counter the unfiltered (?) ffb signal, logitech wheels apparently work best with filtered ffb signals.
    Steering wheel range should be what the car is. For example openwheelers have a lot less range in the steering wheel than roadcars do.*

The easiest I found to check is to hit the detect button, usually this sets you up with the wheel range for the particular car you are driving, or atleast quite close. You only need to check with the onscreen wheel afterwards if it is indeed 1:1.

3. Bobs40

Bobs40 Registered

Do you drive the cars with out driving aids. like traction and stabillty, antilock brakes

4. Bobs40

Bobs40 Registered

I trry to drive without aids but its like driving on ice. I dont care what car i drive

5. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

-I find default setup hard as well, for hints on what to do you can search the forum (or ask people who understand it better as I do ;) )

-Also, tyre and brake temperature are pretty important. First few corners/laps they are pretty cold, reducing gip (more slippery)

-And, the track also gives more grip the more laps have been driven on it. It starts 'green' (no rubber), and lap after lap rubber is layed down (where there is driven). When you are alone, then it takes some time to notice, with a couple of AI it goes a bit quicker.
    PS: before loading the track you can go to settings, and change the amount of 'rubber'. With some tracks you can load a preset rubber layer, and you can also load the conditions you had the last time (user: autosave).

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Everything off, I'm of the opinion there is no point in driving a sim with aids turned on, unless the aids are in the real car such as in previous F1 years, traction and launch control, which were both banned :)

edit:
    which reminds me of something, which maybe Tim can answer ;)
    Will the Marussia have an anti-stall system? (Richard Hammond demonstrated how this worked many times :X )

What is also worth adjusting is the brake balance and brake pressure :) I usually set those to a setting where I can get the wheels to lockup, but I can still find the threshold quite easily. Stock g27 pedals here, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013