Adjustable seat

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Gabi Almeida, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Gabi Almeida

Gabi Almeida Registered

Hi i would like to move the seat up, but with Vette i can only go to 35 and 370z i only can go up to 30.

Is there a way to move it as i want or am i limited to this setting?

If there is a way can you please post ir here?

Thanks

2. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

3. Diablo

Diablo Registered

You are limited by the constraints set in the vehicle definition, so there is no way to get more freedom of seat adjustment. The seat adjustment options are plenty and unrealistic as they are already.
    I have never heard of a race car with an adjustable seat. If anything it gets positioned and hard mounted by the pit crew to fit the driver. Once in the car the driver has no way of adjusting their seat.

4. Diablo

Diablo Registered

5. samuelw

samuelw Registered

yes but, as shorter driver I need to initially hard mount my seat higher than a taller driver would. The OP just wants to be able to do a proper hard mounting conforming to his stature.

6. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Lol

7. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I don't, I just know that works for what the OP is wanting to do. If he wants to use it, it is there for him to do so. Doesn't matter to me.

8. Gabi Almeida

Gabi Almeida Registered

Yes i knoow the seat in a race car is hardmounted, but is done to the driver wishes.

They not throw the seat in to the car without taking the driver opinions.

As the seat is know i always see the dash, i use 3 monitors, i have my own wheel in front of center monitor (it´s position is 1/4 in front of monitor) and i have my own dash so no need to see the dash in the car.
    So the seat as it is for me is unrealistic and we should put it as you wish not as the game want it. So it need to have more freedom so the driver can hardmounted where he wants. LOL

In F1 the seat is modeled to the body of the driver, they just don´t go buy a seat and throut in there.

9. Diablo

Diablo Registered

In real life a driver has a say how the seat should be mounted, yes. He is the one who has to drive the car after all. But the engineers will give him just enough seat height so he can see enough of the track. Every inch too high shifts the center of gravity upwards, which decreases the performance potential of the vehicle. Also shifting it to the front or rear influences weight distribution, which in turn affects the performance potential as well.
    Having your own dash is not the same as having a blocked view by the cockpit of the real car. You should put your dash in a position where it blocks the view on the virtual one then. Also, you can disable the virtual steering wheel, and you can adjust your field of view.
    But I will stop here, since I can already see this derail into a cockpit view realism discussion. There are other camera options for you to choose from. Again, the seat adjustment options we have in rFactor 2 are unrealistic as they are. And there is no influence on the CoG of the vehicle, yet.

Cheers,
    Marcus

10. Gabi Almeida

Gabi Almeida Registered

I understand what you mean but if i want to ride my seat higher to feel comfortble in a 60 minutes race i should have an option to make it, if it takes performance to the vehicle Rfactor should take care of it.

If i´m not comfortable with the view how can i take advantadge of the full performance of a car?
    I would prefer that Rfactor (above the heigh they see affects performance) penalises it and for sure i would take advantagde on the view i feel comfortable with over the full performance of the car but not been able to feel comfortable with the view i drive.

11. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Get comfortable with it, deal with it, because real world drivers have to. They most certainly would like to sit higher as well, but the physical world punishes them for it, so they have to cope. It is a compromise in the real world, so it should be in the virtual one, but sadly it isn´t at the moment.
    And come on, those examples you mentioned, the 370z and C6.R? There really is no need to get the seat even higher. I bet that not even the road going versions give you adjustment options beyond those provided in rF2.

12. Gabi Almeida

Gabi Almeida Registered

I don´t have to deal with it, just need to ask for the devs to give me more freedom on seat high.

If you all about real life why don´t you try it in real life and keep pushing to take out the joy of me who like to drive it virtual and to
    feel comfortable with it?

I always drive every sim in cockpit view, but if i´m not comfortable with the view i just don´t drive it.

So please Devs make more freedom of seat movements so i can joy it.

Thanks Butch i tried that and if feels right for me, the problem is that when you hit Escape the view is at default, so hope devs listen to me :)

13. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1000 for more seat movement - need it for 3D Vision to correct my view

14. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Here is solution for this problem:
    1. Download and install GlovePIE program - LINK
    2. Download keyboard config file for GlovePIE - LINK
    3. Start GlovePIE and open the config file, a script will load and press RUN
    4. Start the game and use this keys to move your view

You need to have hardware plugins enabled once in the game (on track), usualy enabled with G key, than use this keys:

LeftCTRL+Up -> Move Up
    LeftCTRL+Down -> Move Down
    LeftCTRL+Right -> Move Right
    LeftCTRL+Left -> Move Left
    LeftCTRL+0 -> Head Pitch +
    LeftCTRL+9 -> Head Pitch -
    LeftCTRL+8 -> Move Forward
    LeftCTRL+7 -> Move Back
    Enter -> reset to default view

For those interested in how this works: It uses the trackIR API and fakes that you literally move your head up/down/left/right/forward/backward/tilt.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Thanks prodigy, but would be nice if a head pitch ajustment setting was available as standard

16. Gabi Almeida

Gabi Almeida Registered

Thanks Prodigy but i couldn´t make it work, i put in c:/Rfactor2/Core/RFseat.
    I open Glovepie, Open this file and hit run.

But when in game (Hardware plugin enable) it does nothing

17. MJP

MJP Registered

You mean something like this in the PLR...
    Code:
    Seat Pitch="0.00000" // Cockpit camera pitch orientation (degrees)

18. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Hmmm, I don't know what it could be, I've just tested it and it is working fine. I saw that I wrote mistake, it is G key for enabling/disabling Hardware Plugins. Try pressing L key once inside the car, I didn't need to use it, but I see that it is bind for something in the GlovePie script, maybe for activation.

19. Diablo

Diablo Registered

You missed my point completely. But I give up, you win. Go ahead and play your game. I for one want a simulation as close to reality as possible. And I hereby make known that I don´t want your wishes to come true unless mine will be granted as well.

20. Gabi Almeida

Gabi Almeida Registered

Sorry Marcus it´s not a point of wining or loosing.

I think we all have the right to play our game/simulation as we like to.

I hope both wishes come true, it can be done, but we would never meet on the same server.

So i wish i could move my seat higher and an option to force hardware seat mount (no adjustments) for those who want to play like this.

I would like to all people enjoy their game/sim without cuting joy for another.