Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

hell I am old have crs and I remember it

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Quick advice needed, how do I start 64bit.exe? Didn't understand the instructions in the build notes.

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

rename the "rfactor2 64bit.exe" to "rfactor2.exe" that way it is picked up by the launcher.

If you need to switch back to 32bit, rename the "rfactor2.exe" to "rfactor2 64bit.exe" and then rename "rfactor2 32bit.exe" to "rfactor2.exe".

I am sure someone more intelligent than I can make a batch file for this process which I have read in the notes is temporary.

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Don't have anything called this... I only have "launchrfactor.exe" ... fresh install.

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Check the "Core" folder.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

In the core subfolder.

8. melg

melg Registered

Do we still have to change the exes if we have installed build 770 to run in 64bit?

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Not sure if 64bit.exe problem but it seems that it doesn't remember my track choice (if I switch between tabs it defaults the track choice). No time to test with 32bit, off to bed. If somebody wants to confirm this...

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes. That's what the notes say.

11. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I don't have this issue Tig (now off to bed too tho i don't seem to have time due to funfactor2 ;) )

Thanx ISI seems like a great build no bugs found till now.

Question: Cars seem more alive to me, is there something changed in tire patches or is it just me imagining?

12. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

They do seem different a bit but still investigating why. Will come back once I know more.

13. bwana

bwana Registered

Not sure Ive got it right?? In core folder I have 4 exe files named rFactor2 64bit, rFactor2 Dedicated 64bit, rFactor2 Dedicated and rFactor2 ... Which of these if any do I change??

This is where Im looking? C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Core

14. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

OK I hope I did it right.
    You first rename rfactor2 I renamed it to rfactor2_1 and then renamed rfactor2 64bit to rfactor2. And all seemed fine for me.
    Ruben.

15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

This

But i also renamed rfactor2 dedicated (into rfactor2 dedicated 32bit) and then rfactor2 dedicated 64bit into rfactor2 dedicated. I figured the dedicated ones are for mp but would be nice if someone with real knowledge :eek: could confirm this.

Note: i tested off-line with max ai (29) on pleclairs nords and had no memory issues and did a mp match which also worked very well.

16. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks guys thats worked so far. havnt gone as far as the 32 bit change yet Eddy, but this build is great for my low/mid spec machine. settings way up and sitting on set 61fps mostly with 15 visible and 25 running on my datum track

17. datanode

datanode Registered

Are you running a dedicated server? The dedicated exe is dedicated to running a server.

Makes sense for completeness to rename both.

Currently shouldn't have any affect unless you are wishing to run a server in 64bit mode.

18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks for your explanation datanode, dedicated is server stuff i should have known :rolleyes:

No i'm not running a server, so only for completeness i have changed and there is no risk in doing it. Right???

19. datanode

datanode Registered

Nope, it will all be fine :D

20. rer8

rer8 Registered

I have just finished 1 1/2 hours of practice, qualifying and racing in the rain at Longford. There are not enough words of thanks to say how much about 8 of us enjoyed the game. The rain looked fantastic, real road performed magnificently,with reflections, dry lines evolving in a timely fashion and the cars/tires brought it all to the drivers senses. Wonderful! Thank you ISI, one and all. We also got some hands on help from Dave at NRT, and Brian at F3 Fanatics. Most excellent! Thank you all very much. I almost forgot to say thank you to the track maker, Woochoo. Very well done, sir.