Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Holden? :eek:

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No, I didn't. Perhaps your bans are different to mine. I don't tend to ban permanently. I give people some time.

I ban temporarily to end the incessant ranting in-progress dead. To get a break. And to give a break to members of the community.

If a user is banned, I email them as a way to offering private discussion. Spaksis responded very well, he'll be back tomorrow. Meanwhile, others CHOSE to make themselves aggressively involved in a situation that was nothing to do with them.

Your post about it isn't aggressive, but if you don't drop it and let Spaksis deal with things like a mature adult and take care of himself, it will become an issue that needs to be stopped until after Spaksis is back and can respond himself. That's what happened to McNolo.

One person being banned is nothing to do with you or anyone else. Don't get involved, or you're involved. If everybody left this alone, there would have been 1 guy banned for 1 day.

3. ferlob

ferlob Registered

Well, we need to relax. I haven't read enough to know what really hapenned and I'm only one of a lot
    of modders that are interested in get improvements in rF2.

I haven't a super computer (I'm not the only one). rF1 goes fine (more than 150 fps) but when I
    playing rF2 is too difficult. My screen can support 1600x900 but I have to play rF2 with a
    800x450 resolution and ONLY got 50 fps (better cases). My Intel core temperatures in rF1 are in 75 degrees (celsius).
    In rF2 my computer reach 93. It's going to explode! And (I have to say it) my computer is not bad or obsolete
    and I worked HARD to get some more fps.

I have long time playing rF1 and rF2 and I notice that the problem is not all the vertex in a 3D model.
    The problem (I think) could be the way the programme have to calculate that vertex and points.
    I could be wrong but is that I think.

4. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I am sure it was this!!

[​IMG]

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

He isn't distorting the truth at all. I distinctly remember that thread where you insisted you had a clean install but then after going back and forth for several days we find out you had a plugin installed that hadn't been updated to work with the latest plugin API. Once you FINALLY took the advice that was given on day one and did a clean install, everything was fine. It isn't ISI's responsibility to fix 3rd party plugins.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

If you can only get 150fps out of rF1 then your PC is very near obsolete. I have an HD5770 which I consider obsolete and I get nearly 300fps (Although I cap it at 60) in rF1 with everything maxed out at 1920x1080. I have rF2 capped at 60 too and I rarely drop below 60 but have to run everything at medium. People demand better graphics but also demand they work on 10 year old systems. It doesn't work that way.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

@ferlob:

Right click on your rFactor desktop shortcut and add +fullproc to the end of the shortcut address, so it looks like "...blablabla/rfactor/rfactor.exe" +fullproc. Then check your FPS.

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Might want to clean out the dust. My 2600k OC'd 4.2 never gets above 60C. Usually at 56C when gaming(including rF2). I'm using a 212 Evo to cool btw. :)

9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I thought this didn't work with rF2 anymore or am I mistaken?

10. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Ban me please

11. Jamie Shorting

The Holden name is kaput soon I do believe. Anyway, we must know this new license!!! :p

Edit: maybe they are not producing in Australia anymore. Holden name will still survive. My memory is bad today. ;)

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I don't have the slightest idea on that especially since rF2 has a launcher. I believe it utilizes more than just one core, the post was to help ferlob properly gauge his rFactor's (rf1) performance.

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The suggestion to use +fullproc was in regards to ferlob only getting 150fps in rF1. rF2 doesn't support the +fullproc option anymore. It always runs in that mode now.

14. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

If so I'm glad smell-o-vision does not exist.

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Jeremy Miller
    Builds 448 to testers

Jeremy Miller
    @Robert_Nocon Sorry for the delayed response. umm the sim now knows if you connecting to LAN server or a public server automatically.

16. Javik

Javik Registered

Vuild 448 to test!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 mediante Tapatalk

17. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Jeremy Miller
    Out memory in build 382? Build 450 and higher attempts to tell you that occurred before crashing. 64bit is on the radar, a ways out.

18. Jamie Shorting

:D

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Oh yes! But why not from the beginning, one wonders... :p

20. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Great...now we get to hear "when is 64-bit coming?" for the next year or two... :p

Disclaimer: The previous statement is just a joke, it is NOT a real gripe.