Screen Blacks Out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JulianPirataCordobes, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Bee

Bee Former ISI Staff

Did you have a previous version running successfully on the same computer or have you just bought the game and installed it from scratch?

This suggests to me that there are still corrupt remnants hanging around. I think if you follow those steps carefully (including the antivirus/firewall/windows account stuff at the bottom), you should have no problems. You can also try changing some of the settings in the [Configure Sim] feature on the Simulate tab (and failing that, perhaps post a screenshot of it along with the crash info).

2. luisdeluis

luisdeluis Registered

Thanks Bee.

After 4 attempts and 5 reserts, rFactor2 is Ok.
    Perhaps the cause was the update of nvidia drivers or something.

Thanks for your kindness.

3. Bill Paradise

Bill Paradise Registered

I have the same black screen problem.

Gonna do the uninstall/install thing.

edit:

Something to add if it means anything.

After updating the game I decided to run a replay and see the difference.

The display at this point worked, but I noticed that the Corvette seemed skinny on my monitor, I happened to have my TV on (HDMI input) and on the TV the game was only displaying in 4:3 aspect. For what ever reason my monitor was stretching the screen.

Going into settings I noticed that the games video resolution had gotten changed to 1024*768.

After changing it back to 1920*1080 (which is the resolution of both my monitor and TV) the black screen problem began.

Maybe that info will be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013